Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Touch of White

    
     You may have noticed this china tray in my post about my kitchen redo. I didn't take a close photo of it for that post, as I wanted to share some of my bargains with you today. I knew that I was on a search for some additional white items when I ordered the dark granite countertop. I could picture the white against the dark even before it was installed. I found the white tray/platter at TJ Maxx for $10. It is marked Destinos, S.A., Made in Portugal. I originally thought it would fit above my cabinets, but it was too wide.



     I also found the set of three white bowls (Certified International) and the milk pitcher (THL) at TJ Maxx. The bowls were only $3 (they weren't priced and I know the checkout manager made a mistake when he priced them so low). I thought the little pitcher was just the right size to keep near my coffee pot.


      The Starbucks canister I've had for several years. I had been keeping it in a cabinet, but it worked out well on my "coffee tray". Of course a fresh daffodil and a candle along with my dragonfly matches turn a simple tray into a "trayscape"!




     I love the look of having pretty things sitting on my countertop, but they are generally things I use often. I also like to add pops of color mixed in with the white. I keep a few favorite cookbooks within reach and I love changing the displayed book according to the season.



     I am joining Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Linda @ Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Kathleen @ Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Kim @ Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays



18 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

How cute! I love the Starbucks canister :D

Red Couch Recipes said...

You scored on all the white! Joni

dee dee said...

Sue,
I love the display you have going on in the kitchen! I would enjoy shopping with you... what great buys! Praying for you all!
Dee Dee

Barbara F. said...

Morning Sue! Thanks for your 'visit' and kind words! Love ya - the milk pitcher is so pretty and I like your open cookbook showing the flowers. xo,

LindyLouMac said...

There is something about white against a black granite surface! Just caught up on your last few posts and want to let you know my thoughts are still with you.

bj said...

Suz, this is all so pretty.
I am so into whites, I can barely stand myself.:)
Hope you are feeling good, now.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great buys and what a super vignette. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Like really like your coffee vignette. The aqua blue looks great with the white.
Enjoy your evening.

Sue said...

Sue, I like all of your whites. Especially love your new bowls and little pitcher. Everything goes together so well. I'm in a lighter and brighter mood myself, these days. If I had more room on my counter tops, I'd display a lot more things; but I only have short runs of cabinetry. It's a good thing I have my two pantries for storage.
:-) Sue

Jenny said...

Your little white vignette is darlin. So sweet!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

The perfect tea time vignette! Love it, Sue!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Laura said...

Your white looks amazing.
I enjoyed visiting,
Laura
White Spray Paint

Thank you so much for coming by my blog.

Maria said...

Hi Sue!
{Just peeked at your last post, you have a lovely kitchen!}

White things just seem to inspire relaxation and peace for me. Your tray is very pretty and seems to be very useful too {the best kind of pretty!}
Starbucks makes some nice quality stuff. My favorite travel mugs are from them.
Your white canister looks nice and heavy and the seal looks like it's in great shape!

I'm sending thoughts and prayers for your mother-in-law ~ may she find peace and comfort ♥
~Maria

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

I love the white accessories! And the blue ones too. Great job on the prices. Hey, sometimes you're just meant to have something at a great price. :)

Have a great day.
Pam

Unknown said...

It‘s so nice that I found your blog about your link on Faded Charm. So I’ve scrolled a little and like what I see. Now I’m your new follower! ;)

Take care
Tine

The Charm of Home said...

Nice vignette and functional too!
Sherry

Rettabug said...

How pretty that looks & boy, are we on the same page!! I just found a cute little sign for my coffee station AND I bought & oil rubbed bronzed a cookbook stand & have it with a teapot for next week. GMTA!

I like your little milk pitcher...cute size!

Shellbelle said...

Trayscape, I love that and you milk pitcher is wonderful. I also love the definitive Southern touches — dragonflies and Ms. Paula Deen!