Sunday, April 17, 2011

Thank You and Met Monday


     Thank you all so much for your kind words and prayers. My
mother-in-law's services will be held Monday morning. We spent Saturday ordering flowers and taking my father-in-law to get a haircut, clothes for the service and out to lunch. It was a long, sad day. He seems so old and so broken. I really don't know if he will bounce back from this as he isn't physically in very good shape and mentally he gets so confused. I guess time will tell. We appreciate each of you so much and sincerely thank you for taking time to leave a comment or send a message.  

     It will be a few days before I get back to visiting you. I did want to share a small project that I worked on last week. Last fall I bought a chandelier at a garage sale for $4. I had no idea what I would do with it, but I knew that at some point I'd find a use for it.


This is how it looked when we bought it.


     I stripped off the yellowed "candles" and then hosed it off and let it dry in the sun. A can of white spray paint made such a difference. I usually hang a basket of flowers on the front porch, but I decided to go for a "conversation piece" this year. I don't like using silks, but I couldn't think of a way to have dirt hanging up there. From a few steps away, they do look real.


What do you think? I'll do a post with the front
porch once we have visited the nursery for flowers.

I'm joining Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday.
Please take a moment to visit her and see all the wonderful projects this week.


    

14 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You are dealing with a lot right now - (((hugs))) Don't worry about visiting around "the land of blog".
Love what you did with the chandelier. I have one I bought some time ago and need to redo - you have given me an idea.
Take care.
Glenda

Barbara F. said...

What a great idea! It looks lovely. I'll be sending prayers your way tomorrow, xo

Maria said...

Good morning, Sue,
I'm so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. I've been in Norwich, NY visiting my father.
Life's stages keep coming their way...Wishing we could slow the train down sometimes.
I will keep you, your husband and whole family in thought and prayer. Your mother-in-law's name is so beautiful, Lily ~
It's Easter week, yet I'm sure your Lily will experiencing the most beautiful SONshine ever.
Blessings always,
Maria

Ricki Treleaven said...

Peace to you and yours!
~Ricki Jill

Atticmag said...

Very pretty repurpose! I am so sorry for your loss. May peace be with you and yours for the holiday. Jane

Shellbelle said...

Wishing all the best for your FIL, but I know this is difficult for him with all his health issues.

I LOVE what you did with your chandelier and what a great way to rescue something from our landfills!

See you when you get back.

Linda said...

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Clever idea on using the chandelier!

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

Continuing to keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.
You really brightened up the chandelier and it looks great.

Phyllis said...

I am saddened to hear of your mother-in-law's death. We never want to say goodbye. And I will remember your husband's father in my prayers as he will be lost without his love. Hugs to each of you!

bj said...

May Lillie rest in peace. It is always hard to lose a loved one but when you can see them in your mind's eye, walking and talking with Jesus, it makes it so much easier.:) When I start missing my mother so much, I conjure up this picture and feel so much better.

Your flower chandy is adorable...:)

Patrice said...

I'm sorry about your mother-in-law; I hope the services went well today. Take care...

xinex said...

It's really cute, pretty neat idea, Sue. I like it! So sorry again for your MIL, been praying for all of you. Hope your FIL can cope...Christine

Kathleen said...

My deepest sympathy on your loss. My gdau's name is Lily, but with one L like the flower.
I love your chandy. I took one from my son's dumpster when he bought a new house. I sprayed it and hung it in the gazebo! His trash, my treasure!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Cute cute idea!!!

Blessings,
Linda