Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Prayer in Spring


A Prayer in Spring


Oh, give us pleasure in the flowers to-day;
And give us not to think so far away
As the uncertain harvest; keep us here
All simply in the springing of the year.


Oh, give us pleasure in the orchard white,
Like nothing else by day, like ghosts by night;
And make us happy in the happy bees,
The swarm dilating round the perfect trees.


And make us happy in the darting bird
That suddenly above the bees is heard,
The meteor that thrusts in with needle bill,
And off a blossom in mid air stands still.


For this is love and nothing else is love,
The which it is reserved for God above
To sanctify to what far ends He will,
But which it only needs that we fulfill.


Robert Frost


 

I am joining Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer
for Outdoor Wednesday

14 comments:

Barbara F. said...

A beautiful poem and beautiful photos. xo,

Scribbler said...

Thanks for stopping by -- I enjoyed catching up on your blog. Your salad made me drool all over again.

Blondie's Journal said...

Beautiful, Sue!

XO,
Jane

dee dee said...

Ahhhhh beautifully said!
Dee Dee

Pondside said...

Robert Frost really 'got' the seasons, didn't he?

LindyLouMac said...

A lovely poem and photos, I must go and link up my Outdoor Wednesday post now.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

So Pretty! Thanks.

Red Couch Recipes said...

Beautiful poem and I love the Bleeding Heart. I gave one to my mother many years ago on Mother's Day and when the homestead was sold, it was still alive. They remind me so of my mother. Joni

The Quintessential Magpie said...

So lovely, Sue. I'm thinking of you and sending you warm hugs.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Linda said...

I love Robert Frost and wonderful photos to go with it!

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Beautiful poem and photos!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Sue,
Had to go back and catch up on a few posts there.
Like how you did your pretty tray for the kitchen, looks very nice. I am like you I love pretty stuff sitting on the countertops but it is much nicer if it can be stuff that is used often as you said. Loved that one shot of your home inside, very pretty. Loved all the flowers from todays post and the lovely poem, so pretty.
Thanks for all your sweet well wishes for us,
your a doll. We have still heard nothing yet about the job.....and yes, it is hard waiting!! But I just keep telling myself,
Nellie, good things come to those who wait on the Lord!! So I know it is just a matter of time............how long that time will be.........Only the Lords knows.......but I have to say we are hoping it is soon!! lol
Hope all is well with you and yours hon,
Blessings, Nellie

koralee said...

How lovely was this my sweet friend..thank you. xoxo

bj said...

I enjoyed these lovely photos very much..
xo bj