Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Beach Dreaming


     I packed away all of the bunnies and eggs yesterday and decided to try to bring a little sunshine to my house. We seem to be in the midst of a monsoon season in Illinois. We had another 3 inches of rain just last night and it has been coming down for a week with several more inches predicted. In the summer I like to put away the "warm and cozy" and bring in the "light and airy" look. For me, that has to include shells, palm trees and the colors of the sea. 


     My new picture frame arrived yesterday. Some of you may recognize it as a piece of Driftshell Artwork from our friend Rhonda @ Shellbelle's Tiki Hut. I'm sure Rhonda is thinking "it is supposed to sit the other way"! I actually turned the frame so that I could use a special picture in it. It was taken last spring. It was the first time all four of us had been in Florida together in 5 years. We had flown my son down to see my mom one last time and we took a day and drove over to see my daughter at Disney. Through the magic of Disney my daughter is holding Tinkerbell in her hand and that is what we are "looking" at. We all look a little hot and frumpy, but I still love the picture.


     I wanted to share the detail of Rhonda's beautiful frame. She collects the shells on the beaches of Florida and creates amazing frames, mirrors, vases and candle holders. Her Driftshell hearts are stunning. Please visit her etsy store and take a look.




I am joining Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Kim @ Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Kathleen @ Faded Charm for White Wednesday

18 comments:

dee dee said...

Sue,
I just love your dreaming of the beach display! It so makes me want to jump in the car and "run away"! Guess I can dream! Please feel free to stop sharing your rain with us!!!!!!
Dee dee

Barbara F. said...

I hope the rains go away soon, Sue! I love your "light and airy" look. xo,

Linda said...

Everything looks so Summery and light! Wonderful! We had rain on Easter, but it is gone now...we have had a wet year so far, but our wet is everyone else's normal I think...it seems that it is warming back up again today.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I like the beach, light look.
Stormed off and on last night and more expected tonight into in the morning. I'm tired today from lack of sleep.:(

Designs on 47th Street said...

Such an inspiring beach display. I am officially ready to retire my bunnies and eggs til next season too. My sister and I were in Pottery Barn yesterday and it is full of shells, driftwood and beachy finds. Lovin' it all. :)

Donna

Shellbelle said...

Oh Sue, I am so honored to have my frame in your beach decor, you made my day!

The nice thing about shells is they're so pretty in any direction! That's just the way I find them on the beach, lol.

Thank you so much for posting a photo, I LOVE it!

Donnie said...

That was a gorgeous vignette and the frame is just lovely. I loved the nautilus shell. I think that's what it's called....lol...

Blondie's Journal said...

The frame is gorgeous, Sue. I love Rhonda's blog...I just wasn't sure if her shop was up and running yet. I have to stop by!

Yes...how about this rain!! It is pouring right now and there are flood warnings. I feel bad for all the people on an Easter break.

XO,
Jane

DUTA said...

Shells are my favourite beach items. They are great for craft projects. The shells decorated photo-frame displayed in your picture is awsome!

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady. I love all your Beautiful Sea shells !!! I also have a lot from being in Fla for Ten years. I hope you have a Great Day sweet lady.
xxoo
Diane

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your shell accessories are gorgeous. They look so beautiful on the china cabinet. Lovely vignette. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady. Im your newest follower on your lovely Blog.I hope you come join my Tablescapes Thanks so much.
I hope you have a Great Week.
xxoo
Diane

Patrice said...

Beach time, for sure!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love the frame you got from Rhonda! She is such a sweetie! And your vignette is simply lovely and so light and airy!
We are drenched here too, come on springtime!
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I love the frame Sue! The photo is especially wonderful. Good memories.

Anonymous said...

Really nice pictures and decor, your blog is pretty too! Celeste, victoriantailor.com

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I adore Rhonda's frame! She is so talented!!! And I love all of your other shells, Sue. I'm just a shell girl at heart!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the frame and your beachy additions. Thanks for joining the party, Sue.