Friday, April 29, 2011

Add A Bit of Green to Your Plate and a Winner!

     This is so simple that it hardly qualifies as a recipe. My kids always loved vegetables and this is one of the ways I prepared brocoli for the family, before we started roasting most of our vegetables.


     All you need is fresh brocoli, vegetable oil, water, a pinch of salt and pepper and about a tablespoon of sugar.


     Wash and cut the brocoli into bite size pieces. Heat the oil in a skillet until a drop of water sizzles. Add brocoli and stir quickly for just long enough for it to turn bright green. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, 1/4 cup of water and a tablespoon of sugar. Stir, cover and cook about 1 more minute. The brocoli should still be bright green and tender while still slightly crisp.


     I am joining Michael @ Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I replied to your email -- *Thanks so much* Sue and Sneak Attack Media! I look forward to hearing My Forever by He Is We :)

Barbara F. said...

Congrats, Cheryl! I have to try fresh broccoli this way, Sue. xo,

La said...

Jordan always called broccoli trees.

I hope you had a wonderful Easter! La

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Congratulations to the winner! Thanks for sharing the cooking tip for broccoli.
Enjoy your weekend.

Donnie said...

Congrats to Cheryl and looks like we all are winners with this recipe. Thanks.

Mosaic Magpie said...

The brocolli looks yummy!
Deb

bj said...

We love brocolli any way it's fixed. Especially raw....this sounds like a great way to fix it, too. Gonna try it for lunch today.:))

Completely Coastal said...

I love crisp broccoli. That's pretty much the way I cook them, or I quickly dip a few crowns into boiling water, then add to salad. Yum.

Patrice said...

Enjoy having your daughter at home! Looks like a yummy lunch!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I received my CD :) Many thanks again!