Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's Black, It's White


     My inspiration for this tablescape came from the cute little black and white bird plates. I found the set of 4 at TJ Maxx (can you tell there is a TJ Maxx near the nursing home that we now visit every weekend). They are 222 Fifth, Garden Revelry and the set was $4.50!


     I bought the table runner at the same time. Rather than use a large centerpiece, I decided to add just a touch of color to the black and white with these little multi-colored vases (Crate and Barrel) and white daisies.  Black placemats and black and crystal stemware finish the look.


     The milk glass candlesticks were brought home from my in-laws home a few weeks ago. They have been in the family for many years. I placed a votive candle at each place setting.


My charcoal gray flatware goes well with the gray in the runner.



I added bunny napkin rings to black
 napkins as an added touch of spring.


     The white basket weave dessert plates were the last of my purchases from my CSN win from bj @ sweet nothings. They are 10 Strawberry Street and go well with everything. They are layered on top of black plates from WalMart.
 

I used Certified International dinner plates.
I love the edge of these plates.


By candlelight...








I am joining Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch
for Tablescape Thursday. Please stop in to say
hello to our hostess!


23 comments:

Lynn said...

Looks great Sue! Lovin' your new black and white plates and the colored vases are cute-enjoy:@)

Kathleen said...

Fresh as a daisy! Love the new bird plates and all the textures of the whites. Runner is sweet too! Cute bunny napkin rings too!
Wonderful table, Sue!

xinex said...

This is so pretty, Sue. I love the bird plates. There is something so chic and sophisticated with a black and white setting...Christine

Designs on 47th Street said...

Lovely table, Sue. I love the simplicity of the little vase down the middle. Such cute napkin rings. And I adore those bird plates!

Donna

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

very elegant, with a touch of bunny whimsy! I really like the small bird plate too. Black and white always looks so classy.

Sharon Haynie said...

I love how you can use the black and white for so many different things. It's so unexpected for Easter, but so striking. Everything is wonderful on your table this week-Thanks for sharing!

Barbara F. said...

Just have two words: CLASS ACT Love this setting, elegant and springy with a touch of the holiday - xo,

Gypsy Heart said...

I adore black & white! The flatware is just gorgeous too. I don't know how you do all that you do ~ I'm in overwhelm this week.

Still keeping all of you in my prayers!
xo
Pat

La said...

Great tablescape, Sue. I like simple tablescapes...you have to have room for the feast after all. :o)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Pretty and classy looking - great job.

rachel neil said...

I love all your table accessories, what a beautiful spread!! and in the candlerlight at night!

Pondside said...

I like this - something different, but still definitely spring-like.

Blondie's Journal said...

This is really so pretty, Sue. I love all of your new plates and your flatware is really neat! Everything looks beautiful by candle light!

XO,
Jane

bj said...

This looks really great, Suz.
I have a post coming up of black white and daisies...a dinner I made for my friends and then a hot card game. :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, those are cuuuuuute! Love this tablescape, Sue. It's crisp and fun, and I adore the dishes.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

A very beautiful table setting. I especially love those sweet little bunny napkin rings!!

koralee said...

Oh my goodness...this is beautiful..I so love black and white!!! You my dear amaze me with you eye for detail and colour. Hugs.

Unknown said...

Love your plates! A beautiful tablescape!

Hugs
Charo

Marigene said...

Beautiful table...love the black and white plates.

Anonymous said...

Love the black and white, Sue, and wish I had gotten to those plates before you found them.

Anonymous said...

I really like the black and white theme. I also have those bird dishes, so I might have to "copy" you in a future tablescape.

Your little bunny napkin rings are adorable and a very sweet touch to the setting.
Tammy

Scribbler said...

I just found this -- late, I know. Just wanted to tell you I think it is absolutely stunning. I have been trying to get it together with black and white because I like the graphic quality. So far I haven't found a couple of items I'm looking for. Yours looks fantastic!

Monica H said...

OOh, I really like the overhead view of your table. Pretty.