Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pretty Polka-Dots

  
     Sometimes it can be very soothing to do a tablescape. That is how I felt as I put this one together last night. Yesterday was a long day (see prior post) and when I got home I decided to pull out some fun dishes and relax by setting my table. It has been several weeks since we have been able to see the table. With the kitchen finally done, I actually have a dining room table again!


     Most of the items you have seen before. I started with a pale blue tablecloth and used my white American Atelier Bianca Leaf Square plates as chargers. You may remember my blue polka dot plates from a tablescape last year. They still make me smile. I bought them and the matching flatware at HomeGoods last year. They are StyleHappy Sugarland Fine China.


     I found the new polka dot plates at TJ Maxx recently. Aren't they cute? They were $2 each and I bought all they had (6). I didn't even check out the pattern name until I got home. I was pleasantly surprised to see they are Spode, Baking Days ($11.99 each on Replacements.com). I think it is fun mixing my polka-dots! White napkins, blue and green Crate and Barrel napkin rings and Goodwill blue wine goblets finish the place settings.



     I decided to keep it simple with the centerpiece because the plates and the flatware are so busy. The crystal pitcher belonged to my mother-in-law, it was her mother's. She sent it home with me a few weeks ago. It is very special to her and because of that, it is now very special to me. A few branches from one of our trees creates a delicate arrangement for the table. I added an antique cut glass rose bowl filled with blue-green eggs, and a cute little chick with a polka-dot egg. A few aqua mercury glass votive candles and the table is ready for a spring luncheon for four.




     A few Cracker Barrel eggs in my new white bowl purchased with my CSN win from bj @ sweet nothings, adds a few more dots of color to the table. 



Lighting the candles adds a special glow to the branches.




     Thank you all so much for all your prayers for my mother-in-law. You will never know how much your kindness touches us. I've read them all to my husband and he so appreciates each and every one of you.

I am joining Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch
for Tablescape Thursday. Please stop in
to see all the beautiful tables this week.

15 comments:

Barbara F. said...

Sue, this post made my morning! I am SO happy you had the inspiration to set this table, it is so lovely I don't even know where to begin! I especially love the little peach chick in the blue egg shell. Please know that prayers are still being sent your way....xo

Glenda/MidSouth said...

A very pretty Spring inspired table setting. You did a great job.
Take care.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for the difficulties that you and your husband have been going through. Sometimes life can be extra difficult. I am so happy that you were able to set such a happy tablescape to share with all of us. It brings a smile to my heart.

Gypsy Heart said...

So, so pretty! Really a touch of spring ~

xo
Pat

bj said...

O, Suz...I didn't know your MIL was ill. So sorry.
Your table is wonderful. I have been working so hard on my house (big party on Sun eve) and have just been lifted up to see such a joyful tablescape. I love it.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Love your table and am sending you great big hugs, Sue.

Thinking of you...

XO,

Sheila

Marigene said...

So sorry about your mother-in-law, Sue. Your lovely table reminds me of my mother, she loved polka dots.

Kathleen said...

I love your Polka Dots, the colors are so cheerful.
LOL, I used Baking Days Spode this week too! Mine are Black and white.

Sharon Haynie said...

Great table-those polka dots are darling! I especially love your silverware, why can't I ever find any like that? Oh well-I'll just keep looking! Thanks for sharing with us today.

La said...

Your table looks so sweet. I hope to polka dots cheer you a bit.

Sending hugs to you, your husband, father-in-law, and the rest of the family.

Patrice said...

Love the polka dots! Hang in there, Sue...thinking about you and your husband...

LadyV said...

I LOVE your tablescape! So sweetly coordinated. It has both whimsy and elegance. So pretty!

Rettabug said...

How pretty!! Utterly speaks of Spring & warmer weather!

I've always wanted an antique cut glass rose bowl. I must put that on my hunting list.

You're so lucky to be asked to care for that lovely antique pitcher. Your MIL knew you would be a good caretaker of her treasure. Be sure to write down the history of it & tuck it down inside when its not in use, so that the future generations will know where it came from.

hugs,
Rett

LindyLouMac said...

My thoughts are with you all at this time, it is lovely to see you using the antique crystal pitcher from your MIL in this tablescape, love the polkadots. Take Care X

Yolanda said...

This all looks so lovely and beautiful . I wish I was there.