1. Being a parent brings with it the greatest joys and the greatest heartaches.
2. One should always carry a spare shirt/blouse/top when leaving home for the day.
3. It is acceptable to say no.
4. Ordering water with lemon in a restaurant will save a family of 4 approx. $10.00.
5. Getting those annual dental check ups will save you money in the long run.
6. Putting money into a 401K plan should be the first payment you make each month (even if you lost $$).
7. Hotel shampoo will substitute for laundry detergent if you need to rinse out something while traveling.
8. Rice Krispy Treats are still a favorite for all ages and easy to make.
9. I really am turning into my mother.
10. A spoonful of peanut butter will get rid of the hiccups.
11. Your children still need you no matter how old they are (my daughter suggested this one-sweet!).
12. Always take a heating pad and a thermometer with you when you travel.
13. A woman always starts her period on the first day of vacation.
14. If caught with wrinkled clothes and no iron, hang them in the bathroom and turn on a hot shower.
15. Cars with heated and air conditioned seats are worth the extra cost.
16. I really don’t have to do anything I don’t want to.
17. It really is harder to lose that 10 pounds as you get older.
18. Sometimes nothing tastes better than scrambled eggs.
19. Samples don’t have calories.
20. Life is short, mend all fences quickly-regret is something no one wants to live with.
21. I will never be rich.
22. Experiences are more valuable than things.
23. Sometimes it is okay to just be unhappy for no reason.
24. I never get tired of holding a baby.
25. Men should get tested for prostate cancer at 40 (or sooner if there is a family history), regardless of what your doctor says.
26. Someone will drop in on the one day I don’t pick up the house.
27. Never vacation anywhere without putting a pair of jeans in the suitcase.
28. Fashion is not important if you are at a zoo, theme park, or large mall…wear tennis shoes.
29. Always keep a bucket in the car for various types of emergencies.
30. A puppy will brighten any day.