Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I'm Home! A Touch of Winter-Tablescape Thursday

     We returned home on Monday night from 2 weeks in Florida. I still have several pictures and posts to share with you from our trip, but it may be a few days before I really get "back to blogging". My husband is still on vacation, my bags may be unpacked but the laundry isn't done and I'm trying to get my house back to some form of normal. As much as I love the Christmas decorations, I also love the clean, bare look of the house when they are taken down.

     I did a tablescape with my "winter" dishes a few weeks ago and never got around to posting it. My son actually bought these dishes for me a few years ago, and I love them. Please visit our hostess Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch to see all the tables that are being shown this week.



     I used a black tablecloth so that the dishes would really stand out. I'm not sure I really like the look, but they didn't show up on white. The dishes are Pfaltzgraff Winter Frost (2001-2006) and I love the fact that I can use them all winter. 







See the cute little polar bears inside the bowl.



     I found this darling little snow baby box at our local thrift store. I loved the way the colors went so well with the dishes and with my vintage look church that I found at HomeGoods.




     I used my gold flatware, crystal votives and the cut poinsettias that I posted about here. My poinsettias were still perfect after 2 weeks. I actually threw them away before we left on our trip and they were still beautiful. I placed the poinsettias in a small wreath with peacock feathers to add a "pop" of color.







     White napkins with a few sparkly blue berries, a silly snowman and Winter Frost goblets and salt and peppers finished the table.













     I am so sorry that I'm not reading all of your blog posts. I just can't keep up with things until after the holidays. Hopefully everyone else is as busy as I am. Happy New Year to you all!










24 comments:

Jeanette said...

A very wintery table. I love the snowbabies they go so nicely with the dishes and add a playful touch to the entire table. Happy New Year

Blondie's Journal said...

Sue~~

Your dishes do make for a pretty wintery table, and the snow baby and church add to that! I love this!

You have been a busy girl with your vacation and the holidays. I am sure you will be back to visiting soon.

Have a wonderful, happy & healthy New Year!

xoxo
Janie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

What a beautiful table Sue~ I love the look with the black and white mixed! The gorgeous centerpiece just adds that special touch! Sounds like a fab vacation, Welcome Home.
Cindy

dee dee said...

What a beautiful set of dishes, I don't think I've ever seen that pattern before, but I love them! Love the pop of color with the plant and black table cloth. It turned out so elegant! Sue, welcome home!
Dee Dee

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Very pretty dishes - isn't it nice when we get gifts we love! Great idea to cut your poinsettias and make an arrangement that way - I hate seeing the plants "hanging on and on"! Don't worry about checking out all the blogs right now when you are so busy - they'll still be here when you have time to sit back and relax...does that ever really happen?! LOL!
Happy 2010!

DD

Shellbelle said...

Love the polar bears on your dishes and that cute little church. I've seen several postings of little glittery buildings and have decided to try and make my own little village for next year in that style.

Welcome home and Happy New Year!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love your winter look. Those dishes are wonderful -- Happy New Year's.

Vivian said...

I love those winter dishes. The pink poinsettias really stand out against the white. Hope you had a great trip.

Three Rivers, Michigan said...

Keep the black tablecloth, it sets the dishes off and is so dramatic with the poinsettias. Re living in the midwest -- other places you are outside doing things all year long; here there is time for inside things (like playing with the dishes!)

:-)

Kathleen said...

Looks beautiful, Sue..nice and frosty..
It is snowing again here..
Ruining our plans..oh well..
Happy 2010, blessings!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Pretty tablescape! I especially love the little sparkling church! Happy New Year! Coralie

anythinggoeshere said...

Love your holiday touches. A very New Year to you.

Marigene said...

Winter wonderland...just beautiful!

Sue said...

A black tablecloth! I love it. The tablescape is beautiful.

Happy New Year!

xinex said...

I love your winter tablescape, Sue! Beautiful and gorgeous dishes! You son has good taste just like his mom. Happy New Year! May you and your family have a healthy and prosperous one....Christine

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Happy New Year Sue!!
Wishing you and your loved ones and happy and healthy 2010!! Thank you for all your generous support and encouragement in 2009. Your kind words were very much appreciated!! Have fun and rest now your home!! xxx Julie

Lyneen said...

Beautiful table... if mine could ever look so enchanting... TFS
Happy New Year!

koralee said...

What a sweet dinner set...your tables always amaze me. I adore your sweet little winter homes you have on your table.

niartist said...

Gorgeous - and I see a little peacock in there too! You know how much I love that! :) Happy New Year, have a great 2010!~

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hey there,welcome back!! Hope your holiday was a good one,love your dishes,very classy and elegant!! All the best for 2010!!

Maria said...

Sue ~ Happy New Year!
Your winterscape is beautiful~all white & sparkly~ pink poinsettia plant and the sweet little blue colored berries ~
I thought of your comment this New Year's Day ... about getting addicted to dressing the table ;o)

I also enjoyed your Christmas post with Calvin Coolidge-Presidential message included. ~A perfect message for us all~
*A gentle start to 2010*
Maria

JUST ME said...

so beautiful!! I don't even have a dinner table, so I live vicariously through you...

And so glad to see all the readers you've acquired in such a short time. :)

Holly Lefevre said...

Happy New Year! Beautiful table...I love the black linens to set it all off.
Holly

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I just got a little church like that on sale after Christmas at Target. I can't wait to put it out next year!