Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Merry Disney Christmas...Foodie Friday


I thought you might enjoy touring Walt Disney World with me over the next few days. There is nothing quite like this place at Christmas. It tends to be very crowded, but the decorations alone make it well worth the crowds. I will be linking to Foodie Friday with our hostess Michael @ Designs by Gollum. I didn't cook, but I did take some food pictures. Our tour starts at the Wilderness Lodge, a Disney hotel. As you enter the lobby, you can't miss the massive tree. The lighting wasn't the best for picture taking, but I did the best I could.






We visited the hotel for a late lunch. While waiting for our table, we could sit in front of this beautiful fireplace.



The hotel is gorgeous. It has an open atrium and you truly feel as if you are in a wonderful lodge, complete with bears!





The tree is very impressive when you are looking at it from the upper levels.



We had lunch at the Whispering Canyon Cafe. Their specialty is the Canyon Skillet. It is "all you can eat" and includes ribs, sausage, chicken, corn, baked beans, mashed potatoes, cole slaw and cornbread. The food was delicious and needless to say, it was our only meal of the day.



This was a fun restaurant. The waitresses yell at you if you don't clean your plate, they tell you to fill our your own order or pass around your own drinks. They will yell out that it is time for a horsey ride and all the kids are given stick ponys to ride around the restaurant. It is loud and fun.



I love visiting the various Disney hotels to see the decorations. I will be posting more pictures. We tend to "do Disney" a bit differently than we did when we had small children. These days, we spend much less time in the parks and much more time visiting the Disney hotels, restaurants and the surrounding area. I am trying to read as many of your blogs as I can. I hate missing any of your posts!

13 comments:

xinex said...

Have fun at Disney World, Sue! Aren't the Disney Hotels just so much fun? Everything is so magical and looks like a fantasy land. The Christmas tree looks fantastic and the food looks delicious....Christine

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

That "down-home" meal does look delicious and sturdy enough for the whole day! Love all the pictures of the Disney Lodge, especially the gorgeous Christmas tree! Happy Foodie Friday! Enjoy!

dee dee said...

Sue,
What beautiful decorations! My, my that tree is huge! We love Disney, but have never been there for Christmas. Your wonderful photos and commentary is allowing me to "visit" in a very special way!
Dee Dee

Life Laugh Latte said...

So awesome. I would love to go there. Love seeing beautiful things. Isn't God good to not only be the supreme creator, but then gift people with this ability as well. Amazing. Holly

Shellbelle said...

I love the Wilderness Lodge and the buffet is deliciously filling!

But honey, you only packed one sweater and we're having such crappy weather now! It's supposed to be 45 degrees tomorrow morning and 40 on Sunday! You better get on over to ICE and borrow one of those parkas from them.

But I know you'll still have a great time, after all, Disney is the Happiest Place on Earth!

The Fajdich Times said...

Looks like a good time. Everything is so pretty in Disney at Christmas. Merry Christmas:)

J Rodney said...

It looks like a winter wonderland Sue. Thank you for sharing some photos from your trip. It sure sounds like a fun restaurant.

Not long ago I saw a show about how they did the Disney decorations. I think it was on HGTV, and it sure was interesting.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Sure looks like a fun time at Disney! Thanks for taking us on the tour today.

Carla said...

How beautiful! Wow!

koralee said...

We have been to Disneyland in every season...and I agree..Christmas is the best!

Stephanie @ A Fine House said...

Hi Sue! Sure looks like you are have a great time. Is it bad to say I'm a bit envious. I love Disney and I am not thrilled about this cold Ohio weather. Have a great time. Looking forward to more Disney posts.

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Your words and photographs beautifully captured the spirit of Disney World and added a spark of light to this damp, gray mountain day.

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Disney looks like such a wonderful place to go around Christmas.