Monday, December 21, 2009

Epcot, Whoopi and More Food!



     On Saturday night we went into Epcot to listen to the Disney Choir sing while Whoopi Goldberg read the Christmas Story. Last year, my daughter sang in the Disney Choir but this year her schedule just didn't allow it. They perform every night during the holidays with different actors reading along with them. It is very impressive. I love Whoopi, so we picked our night to go based on the fact it was Whoopi's night to speak.



     My Sony Cybershot just isn't the camera one needs for all of these night shots. I apologize for the lack of quality in my photography.



     The Disney Theme Parks are gorgeous at Christmas. Each park has a huge tree, the characters are decked out in Christmas outfits and even the paper cups have a holiday theme. On the downside, there are so many people that you can barely walk. The lines are very long for the rides and getting dinner reservations can be impossible. We rarely ride anything anymore and we are lucky that we no longer pay for our tickets. So, we can just go in and stay a few hours and leave. It would be very stressful to bring young kids to Disney for Christmas...but, it would also be fun!






I love looking in the shop windows in the "countries" of Epcot.



     Someone asked about my favorite Disney Theme Park. It has always been Epcot. I think the Magic Kingdom is amazing, and it really makes you feel as if you are in the midst of the Disney magic. Epcot has such interesting shops, foods and people and I have always been drawn to this particular park. A trip to Epcot is never complete without a trip to the pastry shop in France.





On the way out of the park, a few more pictures of the beauty of the season at WDW.




8 comments:

Bellen said...

We live on the west coast of FL, about 3 hours from Disney. We are contemplating the Fl resident tickets - you mentioned you no longer have to pay for tickets? How is that possible - do you work there?

Your photos make us want to go, after New Year's, to see all the decorations, they will still be up I hope.

dee dee said...

Sue,
What a fun evening! You are a top rate tour guide! I love Epcot too! I have yet to take the kids there, but we have 5 more days remaining on our forever passes and we hope to do Epcot this spring!... Dee Dee

Sue said...

Bellen-my daughter works for Disney and she can take us in for free a certain number of times per year.

Dee Dee-It is gorgeous during the Flower and Garden show in the spring.

Gloria-right back at you!

JUST ME said...

Do you have a lifetime pass to Disney or something?

You could sell that on the black market for a MINT.

Sue said...

Enjoy!! It sounds great. Wish I was there, to heck with all this snow.

Jeanette said...

Everything is so lovely. Your photos are amazing. We want to take our niece to Disney soon, hopefully this summer. Merry Christmas.

Shellbelle said...

I LOVE Whoopi, what a perfect night for you to go.

Your photos show us the splendor of Disney, but the ones from the pastry shop are making me hungry, I'd love to have one of those pastries with my coffee right now.

What a wonderful, magical trip you're having. Thanks again for taking us along!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Sue,
I haven't been to Disney in ages and ages...it really is a magical place. Thanks for sharing these pics with us...really enjoyed them! :-)
Merry Christmas!
Susan