Sunday, December 6, 2009

Very Easy Appetizer #2



This is the time of year when people drop in, families sit around the tree and often we find ourselves in need of a quick appetizer. This is the second of three family favorites that are so simple anyone can do them...quickly and easily. The first was the Pitty Pat recipe you can find here. Today's recipe is even easier and the best part is you can keep the ingredients at home and make a batch quickly in a "food emergency"! I don't even have a name for these. We call them "those Triscuit things" around here. I guess we could call them Triscuit Treats or Cheesy Crackers...if we must name them.





Preheat the broiler

Ingredients:
For a larger group, you may want to double this recipe

8 oz. shredded cheese. I prefer the white/yellow mix, but if you have cheddar it works fine.
1/2 cup real mayo (I think you could do this with lite mayo, it might change the taste slightly)
1/2 cup olives (green or black) sliced or chopped.
1 box Triscuits

Mix the first 3 ingredients together.




Top Triscuits with generous spoonful of the cheese mixture.



Place under the broiler for about 2-3 minutes until cheese melts and slightly bubbles. Don't walk away from your oven, these cook quickly. Remove from oven and let cool a few moments. Serve warm. They also taste fine after they cool...but, they won't last that long! How simple is that? I promise you will be surprised at how good these are.



14 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh' these look so delish... I am so glad you shared and gave the recipe. p.s. I love your little note you have on your side.. that you still go to mom for advice... Our moms.. are much wiser.. they have been through much and I too, love going to my mom for anything, even to feel better.

Abatevintage said...

Oh my these look incredible, I will have to try out that recipe.

I love this header on your blog its so magical. I have signed up to follow this one too.

I hope you have a magical evening,
Blessings

»-(¯`v´¯)-»HEIDI»-(¯`v´¯)-»

dee dee said...

Sue,
Well, dear you topped last weeks... How do you do that? I will have to try this as well, my son love olives! With all you good recipes, I'll have to hit the gym extra hard come January!... Dee Dee

Lexie said...

i hate olives, so i'd have to leave those out! but these look very yum .. so do the pitty pats from the last post!

koralee said...

Now that one is easy...I could of used it earlier today for a treat while we set up our tree.

Barbara said...

Sue, Yum! I like those quick and easy things.

Barbara

Sue said...

I'm hungry. I might try these right now.

Anonymous said...

I like your blog Sue!

Unknown said...

Oh man, I think I know what to make for lunch today!

Unknown said...

And I absolutely love how your page looks too!

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Looks yummy. I'm challenged to come up with an appetizer that has no fat or salt in it!!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh, I love these! thanks for reminding me, I need something like that to serve! Cindy

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

These cheesy beauties are making me very hungry! They look delicious and quite easy to put together! Thanks for posting this! Have a great day! Coralie

Glennis said...

MMm, like Triscuit nachos! They look delicious.