Sunday, March 27, 2011

Time to Brighten Things Up


     I love seafoam and white. I decided to lighten up our bedroom for spring/summer by simply changing the bedding. I packed away our deep chocolate brown comforter (you can see the before picture here) and pulled together a new look.


     The seafoam comforter I already had. The white matelasse coverlet and bedskirt are new. The seafoam throw is my favorite, it is so soft and gets well used around our house.


     I used taupe sheets and mixed new white euro shams in a cable knit (they are just like sweaters for pillows, complete with buttons down the back), with standard shams in soft taupes, seafoam and white. If you look closely, you can see they have tulips on them. A taupe pillow finishes the look.


     Such a small change can make a room feel completely different. The warm and cozy is gone and the light and airy has arrived. Do you change your bedding for the seasons?

     Tomorrow will be an exciting day around my house. The countertop arrives at 7:30 in the morning and hopefully the plumbing will be hooked up before we go to bed tomorrow night. I am so ready to have a working kitchen again. Of course we are painting the open space of the kitchen, living and dining rooms...so, we are still going to have a mess for a few more days!

     I am joining Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Please take time to check out all the wonderful
projects you will see linked from her blog.


18 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Pretty and fresh bedding and how exciting that the counters go in tomorrow. I remember when we got ours! Can't wait to see the new look.

Pondside said...

I like your fresh and airy look. I also change the bedroom linens with the season. For winter it's yellow, except for December, when I have red and white bedding - then in summer it's white. Change is fun!

Lynn said...

Happy Spring Sue! Love the texture of the sheets, looks great:@)

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

It is a real treat if you can change up your bedding when the weather changes! I love matelasse! I think it is so texturally rich!
Beautiful colors, they look so serene and calm.
Yvonne

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sea foam green and white is a beautiful combination for warm/hot weather. I did not get my colors changed out last Fall - to much other going on and hoped to get the room painted first (did not happen). I have a beautiful white set to use if I ever get something done around here.
Have a great week.

Red Couch Recipes said...

Yes, what a nice look that brings for the spring and the summer. I don't change my bedding as my curtains are so intricately tied to my bedspread. Joni

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the change. It looks fabulous. Hugs, Marty

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Very pretty Sue! I love the soft colors and much it brightens everything!
Now if spring would just come to us midwestern folks!
Hugs,
Cindy

Unknown said...

A nice blend of light colors, especially for the bedroom! White is a color that can be joined with any other.It is so crisp and pure. Good choice Sue! Luv-Loretta

Linda said...

Very pretty and fresh looking...I love it! I don't change mine too much...just a change in pillows once in a while...maybe I should!

J Rodney said...

It is amazing what a difference a small change can make.

dee dee said...

Sue,
I love the summer change! When it is cold outside I like warm, cosy colors, but once the heat comes... cool colors work great! Can't wait to see the kitchen all done up!
Dee Dee

Barbara F. said...

Hi Sue, your bedroom looks so cool and refreshing and conducive to pleasant dreams! I learned a decorating lesson from my bedroom. I went ahead and painted the walls "lavender ice", now I am having the hardest time finding comforters or pillows that match, and I don't really want an overall floral. So I am stuck with a solid cream ensemble. Next time, I'll choose the bedding and then match the paint. xo,

xinex said...

I love that color too, Sue. It's very cool to the sight...Christine

bj said...

I love that color so much and don't have a bit of it in my whole house.
Your bed looks luscious..and I can't wait to see all the changes in your kitchen,

Patrice said...

Can't wait to see your new countertops!

BrightenedBoy said...

Your seasonal decorations are always a pleasure to see.

Gypsy Heart said...

Yes, I love to change my bedding with the seasons. However, I haven't found anything that's turned me on this year. I've brought home 3 or 4 quilts/comforters/coverlets ~ knowing the in the stores I was not sure but thinking I'd see it on the bed. Nope, didn't happen!

Yours looks very airy and peaceful! I think you're going to really enjoy it. Reminds me of a room at one of my favorite destinations ~ a beach. :-) Thanks so much for sharing!

xo
Pat