Sunday, March 20, 2011

Too Many Projects...Too Little Time!

     It was a busy weekend at our house. We are trying to get several things done before the kitchen countertop is installed, plus we had a few unexpected interruptions. I don't know exactly what happened, but my husband had to did up some plumbing stuff outside and replace it on Saturday morning. Let's just say it could have been lots worse than it was and luckily it only took a couple of hours and not many supplies to fix the problem. He also spent Sunday afternoon driving to a little town about 70 miles south of us to pick up a little electric car that his company is sponsoring. Evidently it is making the rounds so people can see it. In between those things, he put up and stained beadboard on the back of the kitchen peninsula and started painting the kitchen (which is open to the dining room and living room...so there is no stopping now).


     We changed the copper (they really aren't this dark) handles to brushed nickel. I wanted something very simple that would look nice with the stainless appliances. We have 33 of them and this is the second change in 3 years...we won't be doing it again anytime soon!


     I have had some time to work on a few projects while my husband is busy with his. I made a wreath for our mail woman. She is very good to us and she had commented on a wreath on my front door. I kept it very neutral since I had no idea what her house looked like.



I painted a few things that I had picked up last weekend.


A $7 bunny for the front porch. Why was it gray in the first place?


He looks better white with a little stain to tone him down a bit.


     I had been looking for something to use as a "perch" for a bargain ball that I found. The ball was $2.99 at Gordman's (they only had one) and the candlestick was $3 in the 80 percent off aisle at Hobby Lobby.




For now it is going to sit here.
 I'm sure it will find a new home once the house is put back together.


I also found this at Hobby Lobby for only $4. I actually loved this
one just as it was, but I painted it anyway.
After all, I'm a blogger...we paint everything!


I have no idea where it is going yet...time will tell!

I am joining Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday,
Smiling Sally for Blue Monday and
Linda @ Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays






16 comments:

koralee said...

I can so understand...I wish I had more time...so much to do. I love all your projects...Yes...I tend to paint everything too. xoxox hugs

Glennis said...

Love the pineapple after you painted it!! And I love your stories about living without a kitchen. I am not as ambitious about decorating, but we are spending the weekend with iffy electricity, so I feel a kindred spirit with you in terms of coping!!

Pondside said...

You've been busy! Great projects, well done.

Ricki Treleaven said...

Super projects. You have been a busy little bee!!! :D

The Charm of Home said...

How sweet you are to make a wreath for your mail lady! I love the items you repainted. The bunny is adorable white. Very nice!
Sherry

dee dee said...

Sue,
You have been busy! I just love your bunny, excellent find... I agree who who paint a bunny gray? I'll need to keep my eyes out for cute things to put in all my new flower beds!
I can't wait to see your finished kitchen! your new handles look similar to the ones in my kitchen! Have a great week!
Dee dee

Barbara F. said...

You definitely know how to wield a paint brush! Great projects. You and your husband make a great team. Love the pretty wreath you made for the mail lady. xo,

Donnie said...

I love all the changes you did. Wish someone had given my hubby a wreath when he was delivering the mail...lol..

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Like the redos. I just know the mail lady will like the wreath - very pretty. You have been busy. It always seem like the "unplanned" happens when I start a big project here.

Gypsy Heart said...

Lots of creativity here! Everything looks great. I love the wreath! I'm sure your mail lady will be thrilled. The new kitchen pulls really look nice. I can only imagine how anxious you are for everything to be finished. Will be looking forward to the reveal!

Have a wonderful week ~
xoxo
Pat

SmilingSally said...

I do like your new cabinet handles. I love that bow in your header! Thanks for sharing your blues.

Happy Blue Monday, Sue.

Marigene said...

I love, love, love that pineapple finial. It is amazing what a little paint can do, isn't it.

Jacqueline said...

Wow, what a weekend full of fabulous projects. I can't believe what a little paint did for everything. Everything is so much better with the antiqued white. You have a great eye!

bj said...

ummm, love your new hardware. Know it's going to look so pretty in your kitchen.
Like your bunny rabbit a lot. I need one for my porch.
That is an adorable wreath..she is going to give you a big ole kiss on the cheek for that.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Lovely blues!

My Blue Monday, have a great day!

Patrice said...

I know how you feel! Your mail lady must have been tickled to death!