Thursday, March 3, 2011

Simple Yellow with Pears


     Anything can inspire a tablescape. It might be a new set of dishes, a beautiful table runner or in this case...the bright yellow mums my husband brought home yesterday. I also knew that I was in a "less is more" mood and I really wanted to keep things simple. The box was a thrifted find a few months ago. I actually plan on painting it at some point. I never dreamed I would use it as it is, but actually I liked it on this table.


     Black round placemats act as chargers for white Wedgewood dinner plates and fruited salad plates (Fruits de Saison-Queen's Fine China). Silverplate flatware that you have seen many times on my tables completes the place setting. The wine glasses have black stems to coordinate with the placemats and the black in the centerpiece. Faux pears add a bit of dimension to the table.



     I decided to mix old with new by adding a vintage linen table square, napkins and crystal candlesticks. The candlesticks are each part of a pair, but I used three different styles and heights. Remember to think "outside the box" when setting your tables. Just because something comes as a pair doesn't mean you have to use both pieces at the same time.


I tucked the napkins into the wine glasses.




After lighting the candles...








I'm joining Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch
for Tablescape Thursday.

18 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very Pretty! I like the yellow with the black and white.
$6 for mayo ? Wow! I have not had to buy any in a while, but think I paid a little over $3 the last time.

Lynn said...

Lovin' the flowers peeking out of the box Sue! Pretty table-enjoy:@)

Marigene said...

Oh, your yellow and black table, it is so pretty...I love how you have used the box for the flowers.

Tricia said...

So pretty! I love that overhead shot, especially. Your table is dramatic, with the black accents, and so appealing with the fruit plates.

Jenny said...

Wow, how gorgeous. Those black accents really make that table sing!

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Very nice. a mix of classic and fun! I like the mix of candle sticks..great idea (except I only have one set of candle sticks) The vintage table linen is beautiful.

La said...

I love it! It is stunning by candlelight.

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady your tablescape is Beautiful, You know I love Vintage table linen with the candlelight sweet lady. I hope you have a Great Evening!!! Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my Tablescape !!!
xxoo
Diane

Patrice said...

Lovely, Sue - I especially love the bird!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

So pretty, Sue. I love those dishes and how sweet of him to bring you home some flowers. I would faint if my husband did that.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Very, very pretty Sue!
I would call this classy and elegant and the flowers are the perfect touch!
Happy Weekend,
Cindy

koralee said...

How lovely is this...I must say I think you have more dishes than me...you always amaze me with a beautiful DIFFERENT table each week.

Friday hugs. xoxoox

Angie said...

That's very cute and creative! Yellow is making me excited for spring!!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh how pretty your yellow and black tablescape is! Very elegant and I love the vintage with the new.

LindyLouMac said...

I thought I had already commented but it seems not, so hopefully not repeating myself. What a fabulous tablescape you always inspire me.

xinex said...

This is really cute, Sue. I like how you tucked in the flowers in that beautiful box. Love the colors too...Christine

Shellbelle said...

Displaying the mums in the box is a brilliant idea! They look just stunning, you were definitely thinking "outside the box."

Marlis said...

Lovely table. Love those pear plates! Great tip on not always pairing everything up. Love your box!! Thanks for dropping in with your kind comments.