Tuesday, March 29, 2011

*Sigh*


     This week for outdoor Wednesday I'm wishful thinking. The pictures were sent to me by my dad, who was on this beautiful yacht yesterday. It is a floating art gallery and it just happened to float into Sarasota, FL for a few days. Dad didn't realize he would be "guest posting" when he took the pictures, but since it is so much prettier there than  around here...he got the job. Dad said the privately owned yacht was 283 feet long and had a crew of 7. It is owned by a couple who sail the world, showcasing the artwork of others. That is all I know...but, dad was impressed by the ship and the art.


The peacocks are covered in crystals and the feathers are real.






Now that you've been to Florida,
I'll show you a little of Illinois this week.
This is what pussy willows look like if you don't pick them.
They usually don't have snow on them!


I am joining Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer
for Outdoor Wednesday. Please visit her today!

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow, to float around Florida for a couple days enjoying art-not a bad gig! Fun pics:@)

Light and Voices said...

Snow on the pussywillows was absolutely beautiful.
Joyce M

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a wonderful thing to be able to see a ship like this with artwork. How neat!

I can't believe you are having snow, Sue. I hope your weather turns around for you soon. We actually have a bit of a nip tonight, but it's been warm as in air conditioning. I think it's a tad too early for that, but I'm not complaining after the cold this winter.

Hope you are well.

XO,

Sheila :-)

xinex said...

What a beauty! I love the peacocks too. Don't you just wish you were there with your dad, Sue?...Christine

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Wow! That's what I want to do when I grow up... a yacht and art work.

Barbara F. said...

That couple has a wonderful "job"! I hope they also have smooth sailing all the time with their fragile cargo onboard.

I never saw pussy willows on the branch before. We are expecting some snow on Friday.
:-( xo,

J Rodney said...

That sure is a different kind of yacht Sue.

The Charm of Home said...

Oh, that yacht is wonderful little gallery. Yes it is snowing here too. yuck!
Sherry

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks to you Dad for sharing his photos. Hope they don't encounter any rough seas with all the glass and crystal.
Sorry about the snow.

Pondside said...

I was thinking, just yesterday, that I'd like to be in Florida - so thanks for the little jaunt!

koralee said...

Wow...your dad is lucky to be enjoying such beauty.

Our pussy willows are looking the same here...I wish I would of picked a few before they went to seed. I always forget.

Happy day to you. xoxo

dee dee said...

I have never seen a floating art museum...how cool is that! Thank you dad for sharing his experience with us! I was looking around my new property for pussy willows, but did not find any. I'll just have to enjoy yours!
Sounds like your weather is the same as ours...cold and dreary!
Dee dee

bj said...

WHOA...some people have all the luck. I would LOVE to float around on this baby.
Sorry you still have snow...wish to heck WE had some. Needing moisture BAD....
xo bj

Patrice said...

Great pictures! I especially love the pussy willow. Sending good thoughts for your daughter while I'm here in Orlando!

Kirsty Girl said...

Wow that is so cool! Only wish I could go! I love those peacocks and all the glass art. So beautiful.

Gypsy Heart said...

What a wonderful experience! I'm so glad your dad is getting out and doing things.

We've had colder temps here again with overcast days & a tiny bit of rain. Weird weather for sure...in the 40's and the forecast for Sunday is 90. Texas weather! :-)

xo
Pat