Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ugly Days Are Here Again...


This was yesterday morning's sunrise.



This is what we woke up to today.
Tonight they are calling for snow flurries.


     Many of you seemed interested in the pussy willows I posted last week. Maybe they don't grow everywhere...I'm not sure about that. I thought you might like to see the entire bush, but please ignore the ugly yard and flooded field behind our house. We had a lot of rain last night.


     I had a dentist appointment this morning. To celebrate the fact that I don't have anything that needs repaired, filled or replaced...I stopped at Starbucks for their new Cocoa Cappucino and one of the new "under 200 calorie" mini desserts. Yummy!


I am joining Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday and
Kathleen @ Faded Charm for White Wednesday

Please join our wonderful hostesses for these fun parties.


10 comments:

Donnie said...

Looks like spring is trying to come to your area there. Beautiful bush but I like that snack at Starbucks the most.

Lynn said...

Congrats on the good report from the dentist Sue, always reason to celebrate:@)

Blondie's Journal said...

Up here we were supposed to get "Torrential rain and then snow". All we got was a little rain. It will be interesting to see what happens next!

I love the pussy willow...I have some faux stems! lol! And I am really looking forward to trying some of the new drinks and sweets at Starbucks! Yum!

XO,
Jane

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Angry lookin skies Sue..I think I'm the only person in the world that never had a Starbucks ha ha!! not many on my mountain top, however they do sell it at the store..Hope your having a GREAT day my Dear friend..we still have snow here very cold..Hugs and smiles Gloria

oldgreymare said...

Is it raining or snowing everywhere but here? I'm not complaining mind you..lol

xx
z

Light and Voices said...

You are so good to yourself. I am trying to haul myself off the back burner; put myself on the front and do things like that but somehow I don't even know what to stop in and get. Now, I will put this on my Artist Day Out list. Order a cocoa cappucino. Sounds delightful! I went to the dentist last week, on Tuesday, stopped at McDonald's got a quarter pounder. Hardly the same kind of treat. Oh well. Live and learn.

Love your post this week. Learned something besides.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I think they grow here, but mainly in wet areas, like around ponds, lakes and such. Good dental visit is something to celebrate. :D
We have had rain off and on for 2 days then heavy down pour last night. Thought was going to have sun shine today, but it only peeked out for a few mins. this morning.
Enjoy your evening.

Patrice said...

It was a yucky day here, too...

La said...

It has been rainy here too with lots of flooding. We're supposed to get snow tonight.

Congratulations on the good dental report. What in the world is that dessert? It looks very decadent for less than 200 calories.

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Rained all day here yesterday and the wind today is unbelievable but I still say, spring is on the way!
Love your pussy willow bush.