Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday Morning Shining Down





I am the Autumnal Sun


Sometimes a mortal feels in himself Nature
-- not his Father but his Mother stirs
within him, and he becomes immortal with her
immortality. From time to time she claims
kindredship with us, and some globule
from her veins steals up into our own.

I am the autumnal sun,
With autumn gales my race is run;
When will the hazel put forth its flowers,
Or the grape ripen under my bowers?
When will the harvest or the hunter's moon
Turn my midnight into mid-noon?
I am all sere and yellow,
And to my core mellow.
The mast is dropping within my woods,
The winter is lurking within my moods,
And the rustling of the withered leaf
Is the constant music of my grief...

Henry David Thoreau


Please visit the wonderful hostesses
of the blogs I am linking to today.
You will find links to many beautiful
and  interesting things to read and see.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday
Heidi @ Heart and Home for Wednesday Gratitude
Kathleen @ Faded Charm for White Wednesday








18 comments:

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

Beautiful pictures, Sue!

Happy WW!
Lori

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

We wait patiently for fall.

dee dee said...

Ahhhhh.... fall! Sue, these are wonderful photos. I love watching the sky!
Dee Dee

Jenny said...

This is beautiful. This soothed my heart today. Thank you.

Rebecca said...

Wonderful cloud pics

Mosaic Magpie said...

When my daughter was younger and we would see these sunbeams breaking through clouds. She would say they were there for people to climb up to go to heaven. I always imagined souls assending into open arms.
Debbie

The Charm of Home said...

Sue,
What beautiful images you captured! It is amazing. Love the words too they capture it well also.
So inspiring.
Sherry

Heidi said...

Thank you for sharing such thought provoking words today! Perfect as we enter a new season.
Have a great week.
xo
Heidi - Heart and Home

xinex said...

Breathtaking, Sue!...Christine

Anonymous said...

These are incredible, Sue!

I'm flying around blogland, have been since early this morning, hoping to get around to everyone I can. Back Porch Musings disappeared yesterday. I've been trying to figure out why then giving up I just went to typepad and started over.
The name is the same the addy is different. Hope to see you there!
http://backporchmusings.typepad.com

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Heaven's Walk said...

Hi Sue! Your post today left me actually holding my breath....and wanting to see and read more. So very very beautiful! I don't know where you found that poem, but it's so amazingly perfect for your photos. It almost looks like God is reaching out and touching the earth..... Have a happy WW!

xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

Gypsy Heart said...

Simply beautiful!

xoxo
Pat

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

lovely sky with the sun beams coming through the clouds.

Monica H said...

Those are really neat photos!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love your sky shots. I took some this morning in my pj's on the front porch when I saw the pink clouds in the sky.

D. Jean Quarles said...

Lovely shot. Beautiful.

BrightenedBoy said...

What gorgeous pictures!