Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Spring Has Sprung!


I'm a little late to the party today. I decided that since it is 68 degrees here today (yesterday we woke to 4 inches of snow) I would put out some spring things. I seem to be into birds this year...the little nest above was a recent purchase and I found the moss birdhouse on my last trip to TJMaxx. I couldn't decide if I loved it or if it was odd, but it is growing on me!


     I added a few books, more birds, a vintage bluebird advertising print and changed my picture from a winter look to a white tulip...the top of the china cabinet is done! I hope you have the warm sunshine that we have today!


Make sure to sign up for my vintage GIVEAWAY!

I am joining Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life
for Table Top Tuesday.

Please visit our hostess!

6 comments:

NanaDiana said...

How cute, Sue. It looks great and I LOVE your new header and background! xo Diana

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Like your touches of Spring! Most of the birds in my house stay out year around.
Enjoy your evening.

dee dee said...

Perfect touches for spring!
dee dee

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Sue,
Well, looks like you have been having lots of fun. That sports store does look quite interesting, wow, they have a lot going on there, that would be my kind of sports store, cause typically they hold no interest for me either, but then the bakery, oh yea!! Wow, all those treats look mighty fine and bet tasted even better than they look. Always so much fun to find something new to do and try.
So has your snow melted yet?? Every time I decorated for spring early it gets cold again, so the last few years I have been waiting it out until it is official or practially official, but I am so ready. I did put away a plaid comforter I had on the back of the couch and a burgundy throw, just to cut down on some of the burgundy, and that did help.
I am so happy that my house is all nice and clean and when it comes time to decorate that is all I will need to do..........works for me.
I do have to do some works with paper tho, once our company goes.
I just hate paper, it is the my most organizational nightmare!! lol
Loved your new spring touches, and that birdhouse is quite interesting I have to say, but looks great in your pretty vignette.
LIke your new blog look too, very pretty picture, so serene.
Have a good rest of the week,
Blessings, Nellie
and oh yea, your grandson is such a lil cutie, and your son is very handsome too. Know you had a great time with them all.....happy for you! We are waiting on sticky hands.... one of these days.......lol

nannykim said...

I have not really even thought about spring decorating!!Thanks so much for the advice about the flooring. I had been thinking that the smooth shiny tile might be too slippery and the floor guys said , oh it isn't much more slippery then any ole tile. I had found one at Lowes we were considering too and that one would be way to slippery I feel.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a fun vignette. I love your nests. Your vignette just screams spring, and so pretty. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty