Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spring Breakfast-Zoe Update


     Today's table setting is for a simple spring breakfast or coffee. No salad forks, no tower of stacked plates, just keeping it colorful and cheery on this rainy day. I found the table runner at TJ Maxx and I fell in love with it. Most of the time I buy table linens because they are on sale. This one, was coming home with me no matter what...lucky for me it was only $12.99.


     I really like using round placemats when I use a table runner and I happened to have a perfect green shade to match the runner. The "chargers" are dinner plates marked only with a "B". The assorted salad/dessert plates are Garden Bouquet from Home/Studio, a Kohls purchase a couple years ago. I added small stemware for juice and nice big WalMart mugs for coffee. The flatware is Wm. Rogers silverplate.


Of course we must have cream and sugar...



...and something sweet, served on my
mother-in-law's Fostoria cake server.



Vintage napkins and pastel napkin rings finish the look.



I know some of you don't like Annalee dolls, but I do.
I love this little sweetheart!


I finally cut the pussy willows, today...in the rain.
They look like wet cat fur.

I am counting on the fact that they will dry
and be nice and fluffy again by tomorrow!




     I just had to share this picture of Zoe. She will be 6 months old in 4 days...time for a little surgery soon. She is very smart (beagles can tell time, I swear they can) and she can stretch that neck to reach almost anything in the house. She still is either wild or sleeping...and seems to have stopped growing so she is just the size we hoped for. She is one spoiled puppy!

Please sign up for my Vintage Giveaway!



I am joining Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch
for Tablescape Thursday.

Please visit our hostess!

23 comments:

Adam Hazlett said...

I just love your little Annalee duck. It's just not a holiday without a little Annalee. And that cake server is beautiful.
You have a very nice tablescape, so inviting.
Adam

Mosaic Magpie said...

Your tablescape is a breath of fresh air! Zoe looks like an angel.
Deb

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Pretty and definitely says Spring. I also like the table runner!
Zoe looks so sweet and innocent. :-D

Linda said...

What a pretty Spring table...it's perfect for Easter morning too! Zoe looks so sweet in that picture!

LindyLouMac said...

Your post today definitely makes me feel that Spring is just around the corner.

The Style Sisters said...

So cute! Love the cow creamer! I have a puppy too and we are now calling her devil dog! Oh she is so bad....into everything, jumping up on everyone, nibbling on the grand kids ...she too is very smart and sneaky. She is a mix between a bulldog and lab but I think she has some crazy boxer in her...she is so athletic and quick...this pup is giving us a run for the money...on to obedience school for sure!

Come link up to centerpiece Wednesday and share your ideas with us.
Karin

Gypsy Heart said...

I LOVE Annalee's! Your table is so pretty and spring like. Miss Zoe is so adorable ~ :-)

xo
Pat

Aledia said...

What a pretty Spring tablescape! I love your napkin rings!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Aledia

NanaDiana said...

Sue- That is a really sweet little table setting. I don't know the Annalee line but I think that duck is pretty cute. Your cake server is just gorgeous, too!

Poor little Zoe..won't know what has hit her until she gets to the vet's office. xo Diana

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I personally think your little Annalee duck is as precious at you Zoe pup.

What a wonderfully dear tablescape. I'm lovin' all those spring colors.

Thanks for sharin'.

God bless and have an incredible day sweetie!!! :o)

nannykim said...

What a happy table! I can not believe that runner was new because it looks so retro and reminds me of one I once had!!! Wow!! Cool!! Love the happiness of your table.

Entertaining Women said...

Precious table to welcome Spring. Are there really people who don't like Anna Lee's...mouse phobia, maybe? I think that they are darling! Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Maria said...

Hi Sue!
Your springtime tablescape looks lovely! I noted your mom's fostoria... coincidently when I was at my father's a couple of weekends ago... I dusted all my mother's fostoria. Oh it was so very nostalgic! It's been pretty much in the china closet and buffet for decades. I told my sister, we really should take a few pieces and enjoy them! Of course that would mean I'd have to buy something to display them in :D

What an absolutely ADORABLE puppy Zoe is!
Our old dog, Misty, is still hanging in there. She is the last of our pets for a while, but I know my heart will really want to have another dog again someday... for now, we'll pamper Misty {she's 16 yrs old!}

Have a Happy weekend, Sue!
Blessings always,
~ Maria

Mrs. Serendipity said...

Beautiful spring table! So much to look at! I love the yellow charges - very different. Your puppy is adorable and deserves to be spoiled! Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. S

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love your sweet sprigs of spring on your table. Zoe is a doll. Spoil away!

dee dee said...

Gosh... Zoe has gotten big so fast!
Love your springy table!
dee dee

Relyn Lawson said...

I love it. I always do.

Miss Red said...

what a lovely table setting! thanks for sharing.

Angie said...

Loving the vintage napkins and cake server...lovely thoughts of spring!

Sophie said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Zoe! I usually hate it that it is warmer down there before it is up here, but I think it evened out somehow this year. I was in a tee on Sunday and there are buds and tulips and everything coming up.

Jenny said...

Zoe is soooo sweet. Beagle pups are just totally adorable!

And your table is gorgeous, too. Made me feel like spring!

Hope your Tuesday is going terrifically.

Hugs from Arizona.

bj said...

This is such a cheery and pretty table, Suz....
As you know, breakfast is my most FAVORITE meal and I love having a pretty breakfast table...minus all the "stuff"...just having the necessary things...and flowers...love those flowers early in the morning.
I am going to have a good and pretty breakfast tomorrow morning...with lemons and limes...:))

BrightenedBoy said...

Zoe is so adorable!