Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Little Valentine Color


     I don't really decorate for Valentine's Day. In fact, I have more out this year than I've had out since my kids left home. I'd say that blogging is a factor. When I did my topiary redo, I planned on putting bows around the bases. Once I had the bows done, I didn't like the way they looked, so I didn't use them. I hated to let them go to waste, so I opted to add a little bit of color to the top of my china cabinet. This isn't my favorite vignette, but it will do for now!




     We are in the midst of a massive winter storm. We had some ice yesterday (I fell flat when I went out to get my mail) but the worst is coming later on this morning and tonight. My husband works for the power company and they brought in 200 linemen last night just to be ready for what is coming. We are in the part of the state that will be getting more ice and high winds, a dangerous combination for power crews. Hopefully, mine will stay on as we have no fireplace and the temps are dropping below zero later in the week. They say this is the worst storm we've had since 1978...ugh! I hope all of you stay safe out there!

I'm joining Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Stop in to see her and all the fun tables in Blogland!


16 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I like that pop of red! It's so cheery.

I am sorry you fell! I hope you are feeling okay... be sure and take it easy. So sorry you all are going through this storm. Wish I could send some warmth up your way. It's foggy here this morning, and I'm waiting for it to burn off before I drive. Don't want to drive in pea soup!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Kim @ Touch of Nostalgia said...

I like the red. :) I've got more out this year than ever too. I hope you didn't get hurt too bad when you fell. Usually it's just my pride that gets hurt when I fall. ;) Our 'small' storm of 4-8" is going strong now. We still have the major one tomorrow. oh yeah... ;) I hope you keep your power! We do have a fireplace. But not a lot of wood stockpiled...figures ;) I am sooooo over this winter. ;) Bring on Spring!

~ Kim

Pondside said...

Good luck in getting through that storm!
I'll probably put a red ribbon on the front door wreath and bake a heart-shaped cake and that will be the extent of my Valentine decorating - too much else going on around here.

Blondie's Journal said...

I don't really decorate for Valentine's Day either but I love a touch of red and pink. Those ribbons looks very festive!!

We are preparing for the 'Big One', too. I'm mostly worried about losing power as well and it's nice to know that extra people are being brought in. I have the flashlights and candles ready! Stay safe and warm.

XO,
Jane

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I have not put anything out for Valentine's Day. Most years don't do anything.
Be careful on that ice.:( It is raining now and hoping it will be out of here by the time the temps start falling again tonight. Only suppose to be 32 tomorrow and 18 tomorrow night.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I don't decorate for Valentine's either. What you did is just enough without getting wild.

Lynn said...

Lovin' your red touches Sue! We're expecting an ice storm tonight too, not looking forward to it! Be careful:@)

Chubby Chieque said...

VIgnettes doesn't have the most expensive price. I love the way you done it, Sue. So simple and it does fit with everything, what I can see in it, anyway.

Loving the dashes of white/red and the ornament/finial, that's absolutely stunning. Trust me.

Happy TTT...
/chie

Marigene said...

Love the little red and white bows!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Just enough to be perfect. I love your corbels and the bows are just the right touch for Valentine's. I don't even do that much. lol I love it. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

Patrice said...

Good luck with the cold weather!

xinex said...

I like the bright colored bows, Sue. It really dresses up your table. I hope you can stay safe and warm...Christine

Honey at 2805 said...

Nice touches of red. I don;t decorate for Valentines either, but like small touches. Stay safe and warm.

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

I love your Valentine decorations. They look so pretty! I hope the storm won't be as much as they say. I am really tired of snow and want Spring to already be here!!

Angie said...

Cute bows, Sue! Hope you survived the weather this week.

Lyneen said...

I hope you are ok after the fall... I know what it can be like without power. Our power goes out several times a year. Luckily we have a wood burning stove to keep the temps up in the house... Take care and stay warm.