Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bouquet Beauty


Susan, our wonderful hostess for Tablescape Thursday
has just experienced a tragedy in her family.
I hope you will visit her and offer her some support and prayers.

     I frequently get asked what inspires a tablescape. It can be anything. I might find a bargain at a garage sale, I may find a deal on something at a favorite store or I may have a beautiful bouquet of flowers that I want to share. Today's tablescape came from all of the above, but mostly from the gorgeous flowers. During the warm months, we have a Mennonite family that sets up a trailer with fresh produce on weekends. Last Saturday, when I stopped for my weekly supply of tomatoes, watermelon and corn...I saw these stunning flowers. They were fresh picked Saturday morning and they were $6. I had to have them. I don't do that very often, but they were just outstanding.


I decided to use them to set the table for our Labor Day dinner.


     Starting with round green placemats, I used my American Atelier Bianca Leaf Square plates as chargers. I topped them with floral dinner plates that are only marked "Fine China" and salad plates from 10 Strawberry Street. Rose colored flatware goes well with both the china and the fresh flowers.


My husband found this set of tiny sherberts? at a garage sale.
He paid 25 cents for four of them.
I could immediately picture them full of fruit.


     I wanted to use my new Pottery Barn hummingbird napkin rings. Our yard is full of hummingbirds right now. They were a recent sale purchase for $1.67 each!


     White napkins and runner, crystal candlesticks and votives, pink wine goblets and I'm done with the table. With flowers this beautiful, you don't need much else on the table.


I used a simple white pitcher as a vase.


On the menu: Apple Salad with Feta (recipe soon)
Ribeye Steaks
Fresh Sweet Corn
Fresh Fruit with Custard Sauce (recipe tomorrow)






I am joining Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.

11 comments:

Barbara F. said...

Beautiful, Sue, just beautiful. I can't believe 4 sherberts for .25 cents! And that bouquet is so lovely for agreat price too. xo,

Linda said...

What a beautiful table...the colors are so fresh and I love those square chargers! Amazing deal on the sherbert cups...your husband has a good eye!!

Blondie's Journal said...

Your table is stunning, Sue! Very soft and elegant...your bouquet is the star of the show! I love the hummingbird napkin rings and the sherbert glasses.

Looking forward to that salad recipe, yum!!

XO,
Jane

Jacqueline said...

Oh, just incredible! Those flowers are just breathtaking! Your napkin rings are out of this world too! What a pretty table, but the food looks fantastic too! How fun.

La said...

Your table looks gorgeous and the menu sounds scrumptious. I look forward to the recipes.

Marigene said...

Beautiful table, Sue...the flowers are gorgeous, love celosia...when I was little I called them the brain flower!

bj said...

ummm, what a beautiful table. Your photos are wonderful.

I went over to Susan's but didn't see anything about a tragedy.??

Alycia Nichols said...

Your flowers go so beautifully with the plates you chose! The cockscomb in the floral arrangement really makes it stand out and lends wonderful texture!!! Your husband bought the dessert goblets for you? Wow! NICE husband! He's got his finger on the pulse of what it takes to keep you happy! :-) Have a great weekend!

LindyLouMac said...

Those flowers were definitely a great inspiration for your tablescape.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Again........lol
I seriously love this table. The colors make my heart sing.........it really is beautiful,
just love the color combinations, those floral plates are to die for...........
and you can never go wrong with pretty fresh flowers, gorgeous..........
Everything looks delightful......
Blessings, Nellie

Entertaining Women said...

So glad to know that you're back. I haven't seen you in a while. Gorgeous tablescape. You're so right, the flowers are the jewel of your tablescape. The high white dinnerware and linens set them off perfectly. Thank you for sharing your lovely design. Cherry Kay