Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wandering on Wednesday


     I decided to step out in my yard on this gray and wet morning to see if I could find signs of fall. The mums are starting to bloom. The picture below is really a very dark burgandy mum, but the lighting (or lack of) this morning changed the color some.


Flowers are showing up where they usually don't.


The roses are still blooming like crazy and so are the hibiscus.
Is this summer or fall?


Is this what they mean by "amber waves of grain"?
Actually, it is the soybean field starting to turn color.


The dahlias are confused and full of buds and blooming again.



     So far, this tree down the street is one of the only ones around here with leaves turning. We are still very green, but soon the trees will be vibrant with color.


Guess what I'm working on today?
The ghosts and goblins are about to show up around my house.


I'm joining Kim @ Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays and
Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday.

Please stop to visit with our wonderful hostesses.



14 comments:

Unknown said...

Sue,our plants are confused what with all the rain & warmth, also. Love yours, they are lush & pretty. Our grass looks like spring grass, the mushrooms are the size of diner plates in the lawns.

Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Barbara F. said...

This was not a typical September, but I am enjoying it for the most part. I love that last photo. xo,

LindyLouMac said...

Your garden is looking glorious, I am going to struggle to find colour for my monthly garden post I think.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Pretty flowers - thanks for sharing them! The only blooms I have left are the pitiful begonias - everything else gave out long time ago.

Traci said...

The flowers are sooo pretty! We're not showing any signs of fall. It's 92 degrees today. Apparently, we're going to have a "cold front" come through & it will be in the low 80's this weekend. I'm not holding my breath.

jules said...

My flowers do not look like that at all anymore. We are full swing into fall....

Linda said...

It looks wonderful back there...our temperatures keep going up and down...but the yard doesn't seem to mind!

Ricki Treleaven said...

My goodness, I am loving that burgundy mum! So, so pretty!

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Our flowers are still pretty in South Carolina. We've finally had some rain. All the flowers that were struggling this summer are blooming their heads off now. You have some gorgeous photos!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

HI Sue,
Oh your roses are just gorgeous!
Our trees are all turning and in fact we will be at peak color soon.
Strange it would be so different although we've been cool this last 2 weeks.
Hugs,
Cindy

Sue said...

Sue, Your flowers are still so pretty.... I am not a gardener, so I just have green stuff in the yard. Although, I do have knockout roses in the backyard that the landscapers put in. They are my only color.... Trees are already losing their leaves here and there is some color change. If the rain continues, though, it won't be a pretty fall. boo hoo... Hope all is well w/u. Give-away coming up soon- stay tuned! hugs, Sue

Jenny said...

Plant confusion is so interesting!

Angie said...

The flowers look beautiful, Sue! Hard to believe we're embarking on a new season.

BrightenedBoy said...

This is why I enjoy the East. Fall comes so quickly and is so brilliant here.