I have a little "business" to take care of today.
Before Christmas I was the lucky winner of a Giveaway from Bonnie @ Creative Decorating on a Budget. I was gone for the holidays, so I had her wait to ship my box of fun goodies. Cute slippers, fun towels, beautiful ornaments and a crystal bowl that I can't wait to use for a tablescape. I also received a CSN gift code and was able to purchase another piece for my Le Creuset collection. Thankfully, this isn't the one that was recently broken.
I have also recently been given the Stylish Blogger Award
by two wonderful bloggers.
Patrice @ The Old Back Porch and
Nellie @ Nellie's Cozy Place
According to this award, I should list 7 things about myself and then pass it along to seven bloggers. Since so many bloggers have "award free" blogs and because there are so many of you that I think are very stylish, I'm going to say that I think all of the blogs I read are very deserving. If I didn't think that...I wouldn't be reading them! Bonnie, Patrice and Nellie all have wonderful blogs and are very devoted readers. I am so honored to consider all of them friends and I hope you will take time to get to know them.
Seven things about me that you might not know:
1. I met my husband for the first time when we were in the 3rd grade and rode a float in a parade together. We didn't meet again until high school, didn't date until college and got married our junior year of college. What were we thinking?
2. The only sport I ever did really well was water ski. I even climbed off my ski and onto someone's shoulders without falling once.
3. I was a pom pom girl in high school.
4. We have lived in 5 towns and 8 homes since we got married. We often say that we feel "homeless" because of all the changes. I know there is at least one more town in our future, but we haven't figured out where it will be.
5. I once owned a small gift boutique, my favorite part was going to market in Atlanta. I don't think I ever really earned any money, but I had a great time!
6. I started college at 17 and graduated at 45.
7. I've always lived in Illinois, but I'm a southern girl at heart. I feel much more at home when I see palm trees and water.
Congratulations on your award!
It's nice finding out about you and I love that you won that giveaway and the award. You definitely deserved them both.
Congratulations on all the great wins!
Congratulations on winning the gifts and award.
Have a great week.
I was a pom pom girl, too!! I just received my yearbooks back for my Dads house and had a trip down memory lane!! Great story of how you met your hub!
Congratulations on all the goodies you won. I collect Le Creuset also.
Your so very welcome!! It was wonderful to learn more about you, Sue. Enjoy your goodies!
Oh I love my little le Creuset stoneware pans. They're so handy for all kinds of things.
congrats on the award! Your blog is so nice to visit, Sue!
Thanks for all the work you put into it!
I love your story of how you and your husband met! very, very cute ♥
Have a sweet week*
Congrats on the well deserved award, Sue, and congrats on your wins. Don't you just love Le creuset? I use their cookware.
Congrats on all your give-a-way wins and awards! You deserve each and every one!
Fun notes, Sue! Very cute how you met your husband in the third grade :) I bet the gift boutique was a fun endeavor.
Great post! I love learning more about people. Congrats on the award too ~ you are very deserving.
I love learning all these thing about you! A pom pom girl...too cool.:)
I can definitely empathize with the rootlessness bit; in my twenty-two years I've lived in ten different houses (if you count my time on college) across three states.
That averages out to roughly a move every two years since I was born.
I'd be interested to hear more about what you were like when you were young. Learning about a blogger friend's background is always fascinating.
Married your Junior year of college!? That really is insane. I suppose it was a different time, though.
I love learning more about my favorite bloggers and this was full of little surprises! I started college at 17 also, but didn't graduate until I was 54, so you were ahead of me, lol.
Now don't you wish you had pics of that 3rd grade parade? Or maybe you do?
I'll look for Roba Dolce here. Your family's reviews of the flavors made my mouth water. I think I'd have to try the lemon and chocolate first. Yum!
Post a Comment