Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas To All!


     We were lucky to escape the freezing weather in Illinois (driving the first two hours in terrible ice and snow) to the balmy state of Florida for Christmas. More importantly, I am getting to spend time with my daughter, finalizing wedding plans and actually getting a wedding gown. After 8 months without seeing her, I know I can never let that happen again. 


     Before leaving home, we were blessed to spend a little time with our grandsons. They are really growing up way too fast. 


We have taken some time to enjoy 
the beauty of Christmas at WDW.


We listened to the Disney Choir (my daughter is a member) 
sing beautiful Christmas hymns and carols.


The Christmas Story was narrated by Edward James Olmos. 


     I was also blessed to spend some precious time with my Daddy. We had him with us here for 5 days and then we put him on the plane to my sister's home for Christmas. 

     My wish for each and every one of you is a Merry Christmas and only the best of health, love and joy for the coming New Year. 

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas Sue-enjoy:@)

Rettabug said...

A very Merry Christmas, Sue! What a special place to get to spend Christmas & how extra special that you still have your Dad alive to visit with & enjoy. I sure wish mine was still around.

I have many fond memories of Christmas in FL...its different but magical in its own way.

Happy Wedding Gown Shopping...how FUN!

Warm Winter Hugs,
Rett

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Sue! I hope you have fun here for Christmas. We are driving straight past there for Christmas with friends.

I wish you a very, Merry Christmas and hope you do have a palm tree next year. Look us up if you do!

Love to you and Merry Christmas!

Xoxoxox

Sheila

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sounds like you are having a great time!
Wishing you and your family a Very Merry Christmas!

xinex said...

Glad you got to enjoy Florida's weather too. Even for gL, I think it's been exceptionally warm but I am not complaining. Good luck with your daughter's wedding preps. Your grandsons are so cute. They do grow fast, don't they? Merry Christmas, Sue!...Christine

The Charm of Home said...

This sounds like a lovely Christmas Sue! Have a Happy New Year!
Sherry

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas for you Sue!
We went to Disney World once at Christmas time, it was amazing!
Cute grand-sons too!!
Happy New Year,
Cindy

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Dropping back by to wish you a Happy New Year, Sue!

xo

Sheila