Monday, October 7, 2013

Fall Porch

 
     Fall roared in to Central Illinois over the weekend dropping more than 2 inches of rain in about an hour and taking the temperature from almost 90, down to the 50's! We were out running errands on Saturday and we got drenched. We really needed the rain, and the blue jean weather feels so good. It isn't here to stay, but I am enjoying a few days without air-conditioning or heat!

 
     The front porch has been decked out for fall for a little while now. I actually added Halloween touches after taking these pictures.

 
My porch is so small that I am very limited in
what I can do. I envy those of you with big front
porches. Maybe in the next house!


 

 
     We found our pumpkins and mums at a farm on the way home from French Lick. The prices were great and the variety of pumpkin choices was so much fun. We had to have white ones, and heirloom pumpkins to stack and bumpy ones...I literally had to stop myself. Our most expensive pumpkin was the bottom of the pumpkin stack, $5!
 
 
     I spotted this little toad on a hibiscus leaf several days ago. I have never seen a frog/toad in my yard before! I just let him sit and enjoy the sunshine. The leaves in my neighborhood are still green. I love it when the leaves are glowing red, yellow and orange...soon!

13 comments:

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Your porch and your pumpkins are so beautiful....love the little white ones and I love the chair that is on the porch..thanks for sharing...Phyllis

Lynn said...

Your pumpkins are beautiful Sue! I'm waiting on that cooler weather to get here-it's been warm and humid, should be soon:@)

Barbara F. said...

Love all your decor. That tiny frog is so cute. I have never seen one here either. xo

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Your Fall decor looks great! Have seen a frog or 2 around, but not any that light of a color. You have done a lot more Fall decorating than I have.
Got rain during the night, but not as much as you did, but temps did drop dramatically
Have a great week.

NanaDiana said...

Your porch looks great and I love all your pumpkins. That toad/frog is really odd looking. I have never seen one like it before. Hope you had a great start to the week-xo Diana

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Suz,
Your front porch looks nice and festive. Love that stack of green and orange pumpkins, never seen any like that before.....but really like them.
I have been seeing those baby white pumpkins everywhere and at first couldn't find any, but then the grocery store hada few, but I only got one cause the others didn't look all that great. I just love pumpkins,I think they are so neat.
My white one is real but it is so
perfect looing it looks like a faux pumpkin...........lol

Boy, that grill cheese sandwich
casserole looks great, just might to give that a try, but don't know how good it will be with my gluten free bread......... course, if I brown the bread good it might be work. Think I will tell Dee about this recipe cause her hubby would probably really like this recipe.............love that it is
so easy too. As I have gotten older I really love simple easy recipes.

Wow, yall really had a quick drop in temps.....40 degrees is a lot.
Know you must be savoring every minute. It has been in the upper 80's here, yesterday seemed a lil
cooler cause of the rain, guess it is still leftovers from that tropical depression Karin.

Well, take care, enjoyed seeing all your pretty Fall decorations. It is all very festive and pretty.

Blessings, Nellie

Mosaic Magpie said...

Your porch looks great! We had the rain 7" over the weekend and it is feeling like fall this morning.
The white pumpkins are great and those warty ones are the best!
xo,
Deb

Lori R. said...

Your frog appears to be a tree frog which make the most wonderful sounds at night. Sometimes you can hear them during the day but at night it's a cacophony when you get a group going. I love hearing them in the spring because it tells me warmer weather is coming.

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Your Fall porch looks fantastic with all your beautiful pumpkins. Thanks for all the inspiration! New Follower.

Jody

Kathy said...

I just love your porch. So festive and cute. I don't have a porch so even a small one is great to me.

What a strange little frog. I've never seen one like that.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Sue, I love this! It is wonderful. And that cute frog... Amazing.

Your wreath is stunning. Makes me want to rework mine.

Happy Fall!

xo

Sheila

Traci said...

I LOVE your wreath!! Gorgeous!!

Gypsy Heart said...

Sue, your decorations are soooo pretty! Pumpkins are very expensive here ~ sad to say. I'm loving the cooler temps we finally have ~ hoping the A/C can stay off for awhile. :)

xo
Pat