Thursday, December 15, 2011

What's Black and White and Red All Over?

    
     When I saw these Royal Stafford plates at HomeGoods in October, I fell in love with them. I didn't just want to set the table with them, I wanted to live in that house with the wreath on the door. I always love black and white dishes. The subtle hints of red and green really make this pattern special.
 

     I paired them with red and white Pottery by Santa large dinner plates/chargers and simple black plates from Walmart. Charcoal flatware and black with silver placemats finish the look. I tied red napkins into a Christmas bow for an unexpected (and easy) look.




     The centerpiece starts with a feather wreath surrounding a sparkling tree and crystal candlesticks at various heights. A strand of tiny LED lights and my silver and white shell balls fill in the spaces.


A favorite Christmas platter, an angel and
a sprinkling of snow and the table is done!


It is always nice to send your guests home with a little treat.





Every holiday table needs a silver sea urchin, don't you think?









I hope you are all enjoying the season and taking time to stop and appreciate all the sights and sounds. It is so easy to get lost in the rush and stress. I really think time speeds up in December!

I am joining Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.


19 comments:

Janette - The2Seasons said...

I love the red, white and black plate. Also, I like the way your guests can see through the centerpiece to still carry on a conversation. Sometimes a great centerpiece interferes with that.

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

perfect !! I love it! Can I hire you???? :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

So pretty and festive !! Like the plates - a lot.

Blondie's Journal said...

Sue...your table is beautiful...the centerpiece is really striking. I LOVE your new plates, I feel the exact same way you do, wanting to move right in that little house!! lol! Great job!

XO,
Jane

Barbara F. said...

What great dishes, Sue. I love how you incorporate your love of the beach in this setting with the silver sea urchin. xo

kim--nannykim said...

I love those dishes too---they make me smile. The treats are fantastic!

we three dogs and me said...

love love it all. I like your center piece and red dishes.Have a Merry Christmas from my house to yours.

Unknown said...

Loving all your Christmas decorations, Have a sweet day!

Angie said...

Oh, that home does look quite idyllic :) Love the black and white combo.

Liz@A Dish Here, A Glass There said...

Lovely pairing! I bought the same dishes too! I fell in love with both. Love that feathered centerpiece with the candles...lovely look!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

OMG that is just gorgeous Sue! I want to live in that house too! Love the color combo and your amazing centerpiece!
Thanks for your sweet note too! I feel for you and I so understand too. Adi's bio Dad is being a pain in the butt and creates a lot of havoc for us.
Merry Christmas,
Cindy

HG Insider said...

Hi Sue, we agree - who wouldn't want to live in that house?! Thanks for the shout out and the tip that every table needs a sea urchin! So cute. Your friends at HomeGoods

dee dee said...

Oh Sue,
How beautiful and festive!
Dee Dee

Marigene said...

Beautiful table, Sue! Love those plates...wish I had picked them up when TJM had them.

bj said...

This table is awesome, Suz....so so pretty.
I didn't see the plates at our TJM....wonder if they just sold out of them. ANYway, your table really looks great.
xo bj

Diane Y said...

Love the black and whites with red and I must find them here in Tennessee for next Christmas. They are so beautiful and symbolic of a home at Christmas. Thanks for sharing it.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

So pretty and festive! Love the centerpiece! Merry Christmas!...hugs...Debbie

koralee said...

Just popped in to see how your Christmas went ...and to wish you a blessed New Year ....filled with ooodles of JOY dear one. Thank you so much for your sweet friendship. xoxoxo

Monica H said...

this one was so fun!