Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ooey Gooey Artichoke Appetizers & Zoe Update



What is this stuff?

     Our beagle baby Zoe is 4 months old today and she is growing so quickly you can almost watch it happen. She is a purebred beagle, but I keep asking my husband if they mixed her up at birth because she doesn't look like the other 2 beagles I've had. She has long legs and I'm sure she will grow into them, but at this point, her legs are growing faster than she is filling out. She still only has on and off. Sometimes, she is completely wild and running so fast we can't catch her, grabbing everything she can find along the way. She pulls throws off couches, laundry from the basket, rugs, boots and shoes and loves her toys! When she winds down, she snuggles into your neck and sleeps for as long as you will let her. She would love to spend no time in her kennel, but she is simply too playful and rough for our old beagle to deal with. They do have "conversations" around feeding time. Nike will do her low single bark and Zoe responds with her newly learned high-pitched beagle howl. It is funny to watch and stops after they get fed. We love her!



The sun feels good on old bones!
I'm much quieter than my sister!


Ooey Gooey Artichoke Appetizer

     We love appetizers in our family. If you give us appetizers and desserts, we don't need a "regular meal". I'm always on the lookout for simple and delicicous appetizers. I found this one in an ad for Philadelphia Cream Cheese and tweeked it a little. I took it to my sister's home for Thanksgiving at it was a hit. I also put some in the freezer and had them for light lunches.

Ingredients:
2 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used actual cheese, not the green can/powdery stuff)
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
pinch garlic powder
1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts (not in oil) drained, chopped
6 T. chopped black olives
bag of plain mini bagels, split

Heat oven to 375 degrees



     Mix cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in large bowl.


Stir in chopped artichokes and olives.


     Spread mixture on bagel halves and place on baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden and bubbly. Cool a few minutes and cut in half for appetizers. It will take a little longer to bake them if they are frozen. Leave them whole for a nice light lunch.


I forgot to take a picture of them after they
were cooked since we were at my sister's house. Sorry!

I am joining Michael @ Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday
Please visit our wonderful hostess!
 

15 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

your puppy is so cute! My daughter just got a "puggle"....a beagle and pug cross...and named her Zoe too!! Cool!
And thanks for the artichoke dip...Artichokes are my new favorite food, so happy to have this!

Barbara F. said...

Sue, these artichoke appetizers sound delish. And Zoe and Nike are both adorable. xo

Jacqueline said...

Loved your Disney Beach Club. We just did Disneyland! So fab! Zoe is adorable in the little outfit! I could eat artichoke dip - by the spoonfuls! Definitely a weakness.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Yum! I need a plate of those for lunch. Zoe is a cute one. Puppies and kittens - I need some of their energy. 31 - flurries and I have to get out. :( Uck!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Looks delish Sue.

Beagles are such sweethearts. We've had a couple of them and they gave us many happy memories.

Heather said...

Hi, my name is Heather! Please email me when you can, I have a question about your blog!

HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

How cute. Wish we could bottle a puppy's energy. I could use some about now. That appetizer looks delish. I'm hungry.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Zoe is just way too cute. Yeah, it works now. I read the same article and changed mine to a pop up also. Kind of weird to have such strange problems. So glad it is all fixed. Hugs, marty

The Charm of Home said...

Sue,
How adorable your puppy is! My husband has always wanted a beagle. Your dip looks delicious too! Are you staying warm? That wind is vicious! Thanks for stopping by! Stay warm.
Sherry

dee dee said...

Hmmmmm you dip sounds delightfully yummy! I could just eat Zoe up,,, she is so adorable! They only stay little for so long!
Dee Dee

nannykim said...

Two questions for you--on your profile thing there is a picture of a mug. Is that a grandma mug like Bj has? If so where did you get it? Also question number 2--do you find artichokes to be a bit tart. I don't usually like them in recipes because of that---have you found some that are not tart or do you like the tartness? Thanks!

Patrice said...

Zoe is so cute, and that appetizer sounds fabulous!

Linda said...

Zoe sure is growing fast...she is adorable. The artichoke appetizer sounds delish!!

BrightenedBoy said...

That dog is the height of cuteness!

Maybe I should do a dog post; our new addition, Raven, is a year-old German Shepherd who, despite having the proportions of an Alpine wolf, is still a puppy in temperament.

Our elder Dachshund, a seven-year-old named Millie, is growing more reticent in her old age. She still rules the roost, though, bossing the other two around despite being about a fifth Raven's size.

The whole dynamic between them is so ridiculous.

Angie said...

She's so adorable, Sue! I bet it's fun to watch her play around in the snow and enjoy her first winter.