I have a little "business" to take care of today.
Before Christmas I was the lucky winner of a Giveaway from Bonnie @ Creative Decorating on a Budget. I was gone for the holidays, so I had her wait to ship my box of fun goodies. Cute slippers, fun towels, beautiful ornaments and a crystal bowl that I can't wait to use for a tablescape. I also received a CSN gift code and was able to purchase another piece for my Le Creuset collection. Thankfully, this isn't the one that was recently broken.
I have also recently been given the Stylish Blogger Award
by two wonderful bloggers.
Patrice @ The Old Back Porch and
Nellie @ Nellie's Cozy Place
According to this award, I should list 7 things about myself and then pass it along to seven bloggers. Since so many bloggers have "award free" blogs and because there are so many of you that I think are very stylish, I'm going to say that I think all of the blogs I read are very deserving. If I didn't think that...I wouldn't be reading them! Bonnie, Patrice and Nellie all have wonderful blogs and are very devoted readers. I am so honored to consider all of them friends and I hope you will take time to get to know them.
Seven things about me that you might not know:
1. I met my husband for the first time when we were in the 3rd grade and rode a float in a parade together. We didn't meet again until high school, didn't date until college and got married our junior year of college. What were we thinking?
2. The only sport I ever did really well was water ski. I even climbed off my ski and onto someone's shoulders without falling once.
3. I was a pom pom girl in high school.
4. We have lived in 5 towns and 8 homes since we got married. We often say that we feel "homeless" because of all the changes. I know there is at least one more town in our future, but we haven't figured out where it will be.
5. I once owned a small gift boutique, my favorite part was going to market in Atlanta. I don't think I ever really earned any money, but I had a great time!
6. I started college at 17 and graduated at 45.
7. I've always lived in Illinois, but I'm a southern girl at heart. I feel much more at home when I see palm trees and water.