Friday, August 13, 2010

Easy, Light Summer Cake-Only 2 Ingredients!


     My plan this week was to link my recipe for Peach-Lime Sorbet with Michael @ Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday. If you didn't see that post earlier this week, you might want to check it out. It is a delicious and easy sorbet. However, I made this cake yesterday and it was so easy that I didn't want to wait another week to share it with all of you.


See these 2 ingredients...that is all you need!

Pineapple Angel Food Cake

Ingredients:
1 package angel food cake mix
1 20oz can crushed pineapple in fruit juice (not in heavy syrup)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 pan with Pam. Mix the dry cake mix with the pineapple plus the juice with mixer for 1 1/2 minutes at medium speed. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.


     When your cake comes out of the oven it will be brown and puffy. It will settle a little bit as it cools. You can top it with whipped cream, fresh fruit or just sprinkle it with powdered sugar. I topped mine with Cool Whip. I prefer real whipping cream, but I was trying to keep it light. I bought the Light Cool Whip and added a teaspoon of vanilla and a teaspoon of cinnamon to make it taste a little more "homemade".



It would also be very good with the Peach-Lime Sorbet.

Please visit Michael @ Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday!


23 comments:

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

This looks delicious, It would probably make a great base cake for strawberry shortcake?

Blondie's Journal said...

I have to go back to see your sorbet, but this has my attention going now. I have company coming and no time. Perfect!

xoxo
Jane

Judy@judyfriendphotography.com said...

What an easy dessert and yummy. Thanks for sharing. Jude

Glenda/MidSouth said...

That sounds good. I copied the recipe and just may have to make it in the near future. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Have a great weekend.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

That looks so yummy...fresh and summery! Have a great weekend!...hugs...Debbie

dee dee said...

I love something so easy and yummy! Can't wait for an event to take this to! Guess I might need to invent one!
Dee Dee

Mimi said...

Easy to make and easy to eat.
Mimi

Sophie said...

THe twins could make this!

J Rodney said...

I love easy, and this one would be great for the boys to do...they are experimenting with baking/cooking by themselves.

Unknown said...

Wow! Looks and sounds so yummy!
Do you like my flickr pics coming into your feeder? I am just testing it out and would love to hear your feedback. Have a sweet day!

Self Sagacity said...

I kind of baking. Fast and easy yet delicious and not so fattening...well as much as possible. Smiles.

Maria said...

Hi Sue!
Isn't angel food cake in the box...just a dream of a cake! Now you add pineapple... wow...that's great!!!
I always keep an extra box of that mix in the basement pantry...just in case {hey, you just add water!}
If we sprinkle a little coconut on top of the whipped cream... it can be a aloha cake :o)

I also LOVE the blue of your seaside tablescape! very summer...
It would be fun to put this back out in January or February when we need a little pick me up from winter!

Thank you for all your visits and sweet words of encouragement ... they really mean a lot; the thoughts and prayers of others really do carry us.
~ ~ ~
God bless you, Sue ♥
love,
Maria

Gypsy Heart said...

How easy! It looks delish too...thanks so much for sharing. I'll have to read back and see about the sorbet. It's been a crazy, busy week for me so haven't been online much.

You're always in my thoughts & prayers!

xoxo
Pat

Jaime said...

Oh yummy!

You know what? I always thought you had to use one of those big circular tins to make an angel food cake, but now I see I am wrong!
This looks scrumptious!
A perfect easy summer delight.
Thank you for sharing!

Coleen said...

Ahh! Boxed cakes. One of the things I miss from life in America. Thanks for visiting my blog Sue, nice to visit yours. I was raised in Illinois, BTW.
Coleen from Vintage Terrace 2
Ukraine

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Wow, that look really good Sue~
I am always looking for new and easy to do recipes!
Have a Great week too!
Cindy

xinex said...

This looks so good and simple, Sue. I like pineapple so I am sure I would love it. Thanks for the recipe...Christine

Monica H said...

This could not be simpler- I love that it only consists of 2 ingredients. I definitely want to try this!

bj said...

UMMMM....this sounds just delicious. I will be sure to try this one.

Hope you had a good weekend..and all ready for a new week.
xo bj

nannykim said...

I am so envious--I wish I could have Gluten--this looks great!

Jenny said...

That's amazing that all you use is two ingredients. It looks like it would be WW's sort of friendly too. Thanks for sharing.

Holly Lefevre said...

Pineapple Angel Food Cake...delicious...I can taste it already.

Angie said...

That does sound delicious and perfect for a nice summer day.