I started my blog the end of August. I had no idea what I was doing, or the best way to do it. The one thing I decided that would be the most important to me was to actually build friendships and create my own little space in Blogland. I've been truly blessed to have that happen and I found myself really missing my blog community over the holidays.
I still find myself with questions about blogging and no one to ask. I realize there is a help forum, but that isn't always effective as some questions just aren't "the norm". So, I thought I'd try an experiment today. I'll start with a few questions I have, if you have answers...please share them in the comments. If you have questions...leave those in the comments as well and maybe someone will be able to help answer your question.
1. I use the updated blogger editor and I can't find spellcheck. Is there one?
2. How do I add my email address to my blog page (not just on my profile page)?
3. Just how much higher is shipping out of the U.S. I'm getting very close to my 100th post giveaway. I notice many people limit shipping to the states only. Some of my favorite people live in Australia, England, Canada...is it really going to cost me a fortune to send them something?
4. I've seen a few people offer discount codes for candles and other products. How does that happen? Do companies approach some of the more successful blogs and ask to be sponsors...or do bloggers approach companies? What about the giveaways from other companies. I've seen blogs where someone will say they are giving away something from "whatever" website...did the website approach them or vice versa?
5. Blogging for fun or profit? I am blogging for fun, but I notice there are many blogs with ads on them. I had Google Ads for the first few weeks, but they closed my account. Upon appeal I was told my account "poses a significant risk to our advertisers". How that is possible considering my blog is about cooking, decorating and basic living is beyond me. Anyway, there is nothing I can do about it...so, the question is, what now? I've tried another ad company and the ads aren't interesting at all. I tried Amazon Associates, which I thought was fun and looked great on the blog page...but no one was inspired to shop. While I certainly don't plan on making money blogging, it would be great to make enough to pay for some of those dishes I've been buying for Tablescape Thursday! However, I don't want anything on my blog that would clutter it up or turn off readers...because the visits from all of you are the most important thing about blogging.