Sunday, September 29, 2013

Autumn in the Air

 
     Why is it that I always love changing things for the season, but I am so ready to put it away just a few weeks later? Right now, I love all things fall...but it won't be long before all the colors and pumpkins will be driving me crazy!

 
     It really takes very little to change the look and feel of your home. I found this pillow (I only use one on my sofa) and throw at TJMaxx last weekend for about $35 total. I loved some of the season's pillows at Pottery Barn, but this one has color and texture and was only $19.99.
 
 
     You can see that someone thinks that all things soft and cozy belong to her. It wouldn't make much sense for me to invest much in anything that is within her reach.
 
 
Little bits of fall are tucked all over the house.
Soon, I will add touches of Halloween.


 
If you missed the wreath tutorial,
you can find it here.




 




 
     The bittersweet came in my last bouquet delivered from the area organic farmer. It was very green and the berries were closed. I let it sit for about 2 weeks and they popped open and dried into this beautiful sign of fall.
 
 
I am joining Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life for
Inspire Me Tuesday
 
and
 
Wow Us Wednesdays
 

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Looks like you're all set for fall Sue! Love your pretty velvet pumpkins-enjoy:@)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Enjoyed seeing all your pretty Fall decor. Wish I could say I have mine out - hopefully soon. Looks like a certain furbaby likes your pillow. :)
Have a great week.

Blondie's Journal said...

Wow, you have a lot of fall pretties! I love the velvet pumpkins...I saw some on a blog today that were quite small and she said they were $98.00 at an Etsy shop. I guess the stems were made of gold! I love all of your tabletops and the throw and pillow are cute. I've been holding off on decorating as I feel a bit like you after it's up for awhile. And you want to make it to Thanksgiving at least. My box is in the laundry room so every time I'm down there I bring one or two things up!

I left you a comment on your last post, Part 2 of your trip to French Lick. I have been so behind on blogging. I have about an hour or two in the morning before I have to get moving and then I'm usually too tired at night. That will change as winter begins.

Take care!

XO,
Jane

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Everything is stunning. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty