Friday, November 4, 2011

Quick & Easy Chicken Soup



     I have been reading Joanne Fluke novels for several years. They are light, fun mysteries that are food related. The recipes are always included in the books and I was anxious to try this very simple chicken soup recipe from the latest book, Devil's Food Cake Murder. 
     I made my own chicken broth with two large chicken breasts boiled in water with salt, pepper and a couple of bay leaves. You could certainly buy the broth and use a rotissere chicken for the meat. This made a thick, creamy soup that we both really enjoyed. The second day, it thickened and needed a bit of water/broth to "turn it back into soup".

Ingredient
8 cups chicken broth (you may want a little more to thin down the soup)
3 cups cubed cooked chicken
6 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
black pepper

Boil broth and add noodles, cook until tender. Add two cans of soup to the broth. Stir in the chicken and sour cream (I added a little extra broth to thin the soup a little). Sprinkle with pepper if desired. Enjoy!





I am joining Michael @ Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday
Please take time to visit her today!

12 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I need this today. It looks like the perfect comfort food, and I could sure use some!

XO,

Sheila

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I need a bowl of that about now - just came inside. It is about the same as I make chicken or turkey noodle soup, but without the sour cream. May have to try that.
Have a great weekend.

Cass @ That Old House said...

What a perfect soup for this chilly day!
Cass

Linda said...

That sounds really good and easy!! I think I will make that...do you think some carrots added would be good?

Mrs B said...

Hi Sue! Newly following from Foodie Friday! Nice to meet you!

You gotta love a warm, creamy comforting soup! This one looks delish and super easy for a weeknight supper. Especially if you use the store-bought rotisserie chicken. (which I usually do - I'm so lazy! LOL)

Thanks so much for sharing!

Patrice said...

Chicken soup would hit the spot right now!

BrightenedBoy said...

Something about you getting a recipe from a food-themed mystery novel is unspeakably adorable to me. That being said, that soup looks tasty.

Angie said...

This looks really good! I've been thinking a lot about soup lately with the weather getting cooler and might have to try this one! I'd never heard of those books before; sounds interesting.

Jenny said...

This looks delicious and comforting. Yummy!

Designs on 47th Street said...

Oh, this is right up my alley. Sounds really, really good. Thanks for sharing. I have read some of her books too and have tried some cookie recipes.
I just noticed a soup recipe meme going on at the Jolly Bee Blog. You might want to link up!

Donna

Hines-Sight said...

Thanks for the comment on the blog. I don't understand why my comment button does not show up. It does on my computer, but I've checked other buttons, and it does not. I guess the intense debate has overridden the system.

This recipe looks good.

Prasetyo said...

Nice articles. I'm just blogwalking and very happy to stop here. And also give you some comment here.

Dont forget to give us some your comment into my blog too.

Thanks for share,
* Rio Prasetyo *